Chapala.com Webboard

YOUR RATINGS ON RESTAURANTS

newinajijic

What are your opinions of your favorite restaurants. These are mine and my Dinner groups opinions. Not listed in any special order. Price has no object. It will be interesting to see the posts.

RESTAURANT---------FOOD QUALITY----------SERVICE------AMBIANCE--------COMMENTS

AJIJIC TANGO------------Excellent-------------Excellent----------Good-------------Vy noisy

VILLE de ARTE-----------Excellent-------------Excellent--------Excellent-----Nice place for guests

ARMANDO'S--------------Excellent-------------Excellent--------The best----Romantic place to dine

ROBERTO'S-------------Good to Exc---------Good to Exc------Excellent-------Good Atmosphere

TABARKA------------------Excellent------------Excellent------Good to Exc--Great Chef and nice person

MANIX---------------------Excellent------------Excellent---------Excellent-------------None

LOS TELARES-------------Excellent------------Excellent--------Excellent-----Nice Garden Atmosphere

LA NUEVO POSADA----Good to Exc-----------Excellent--------Excellent-Nice Garden & Good for guests

La BODEGA-------------Good to Exc---------Good to Exc-------Vy Good------Nice Garden Atmosphere

BRUNO'S------------------Excellent--------------Good-------------Little----------Looks dirty to all of us

NUMBER 4---------------Good to Exc------------Good-----------Excellent--------Great Atmosphere

CHAC LAN---------------Good to Exc------------Poor------------Excellent-------Great Atmosphere

RICKI'S THAI--------------Excellent------------Excellent----------Vy Plain---------------None

PANINO--------------------Excellent------------Excellent-----------Plain------Best Lunches at Lakeside

PEDRO'S---------------------Good--------------Excellent---------Excellent---Nice Garden Atmosphere

PIZZERIA TOSCANA-----Excellent-------------Excellent----------Good-----------------None

La GASCONADE-------------Good----------------Good-------------Good-----------------None

GIOVANNI'S La CUEVA-----Good----------------Good-----------Excellent---Nice Garden Atmosphere

La TASCA--------------------Good----------------Good------------Excellent--------Nice Atmosphere

EL SARAPE-------------------Good----------------Good-------------Good-----------------None

La TAVERNA--------------Fair to Good-----------Good-------------Good-----------------None

JOHANNA'S---------------Fair to Good-----------Good--------------Fair------------------None

QUE TACO-------------------Good----------------Good-------------Good------------------None

St. PETER'S--------------Fair to Good------------Good-------------Fair-------------------None

JOSES ILLUSION--------Fair to Good------------Good-------------Fair-------------------None

TRATTORIA de AXIXIC-Fair to Good----------Excellent----------Good------------------None

Guest mrsmarty

I generally agree with your ratings with the following exceptions;

"4" is way overprices with only average quality in a very nice setting.

St. Peter's is long gone.

Chac Lan had poor food and worse service in the most beautiful setting. (one visit, never returning)

I rate La Taverna's food as "good to excellent."

I rate Roberto's Excellent accross the board.

I suggest you try The Creperie.

I notice you did not include Tabarka, por que?

mrsmarty - Good response. I agree with most of what you said EXCEPT for La Taverna. I have given him 3 chances. His sauce is horrible. I will never go back.

Tabarka - my bad, I forgot to list it.

I would add: Hacienda Ajijic Excellent - Excellent - Excellent

My changes would be:

Villa de Arte: Food Quality =Good

Armando's: Food Quality =Good (not as good as he thinks it is. Oversauced, mostly)

Chac Lan: Food Quality = AWFUL (some have reported otherwise, but my experience and all of my friends support this rating)

Curmudgeon - Sorry, can't add Hacienda Ajijic steak house as I/we have never eaten there. I have spoken with those who have eaten at Hacienda Ajijic and they can't equal Ajijic Tango, especially on their 1/2" thick T Bone. Their prices are MUCH higher than Ajijic Tango.

CHAC LAN used to be excellent. We consider it good to excellent. Some dishes are much better than others. I don't know anyone except you who said it's awful. I have some restaurants that I rated as GOOD on my list that can't and never will hold a candle to CHAC LAN.

So what if it's fifth on the list. It could be 20. Restaurants are not listed in any special order.

BUT IT WAS LISTED (precisely fifth on the list) . . . THAT WAS THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION.

Mrsmarty

I notice you did not include Tabarka, por que?

Newinajijic

Tabarka - my bad, I forgot to list it.

Colibri

Tabarka is fifth on John's list . . . No? Am I seeing things or are you both somewhere else?

WAS IT LISTED OR NOT???

BUT IT WAS LISTED (precisely fifth on the list) . . . THAT WAS THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION.

Mrsmarty

Newinajijic

Colibri

WAS IT LISTED OR NOT???

Yes. All one needs to do is look at the list. It is listed, as you count down, as the fifth in the list. :)

Yes. All one needs to do is look at the list. It is listed, as you count down, as the fifth in the list. :)

Yes that is exactly what I was trying to explain to John but he did not get it.

I was not asking the question. Mrsmarty was.

Thanks for your support.

Mrsmarty

Newinajijic

Colibri

WAS IT LISTED OR NOT???

colibri - This post makes NO SENSE to me. What is your point besides taking up forum space and seeing your name posted?

Guest mrsmarty
Curmudgeon -

CHAC LAN used to be excellent. We consider it good to excellent. Some dishes are much better than others. I don't know anyone except you who said it's awful. I have some restaurants that I rated as GOOD on my list that can't and never will hold a candle to CHAC LAN.

John, I referred to the food at Chac Lan as "poor." That's pretty close to "awful." It was so poor that we never returned. We would have gone back for drinks and the view except that the one time we went there it took over 30 minutes to get a bottle of wine. So, we wrote it off.

John, I would refer to La Bodega's food as fair. Have tried it twice and won't return for the price. Could have been off nights. We have been going to "The Cave" at the corner of Morales and 16 de Septembre(someone please help with the Spanish name) and Fonda Argentina on the highway to Guadalajara and find both excellent, with an extra nod to Fonda Argentina for an excellent chef and the one course at a time presentation. Maybe your group could consider these places for a review, as both deserve the "free" advertising this board brings. We heard about both these restaurants on this board and are grateful to the posters (RVGringo for Argentina, don't remember who started The Cave topic).

FYI-

Fonda Argentina

Abel Juan Garcia

Carr. Guadalajara-Chapala Km.25 No.6

Tel. 3161 7918

Cel. 331 145 1739

Archived