Chapala.com Webboard

¿Porqúe?

KBris

I´m new to these boards and a bit confused about this one. Could someone please tell me why this forum is called learning Spanish? Lo chistoso es que nadie está practicando español aquí.

Muchas gracías

Señor KBris

Pues, es porque están muy ocupados quejándose de los precios en Superlake.

I´m new to these boards and a bit confused about this one. Could someone please tell me why this forum is called learning Spanish? Lo chistoso es que nadie está practicando español aquí.

Muchas gracías

Señor KBris

It's used, albeit infrequently, for people to post questions dealing with Spanish as a language, usually translation or instruction issues, grammar queries, or other stumbling blocks people experience at the moment. Sometimes other language-based topics appear. Lately, there's been few postings.

I appreciate everyone's responses. It would be wonderful to join an apolitical forum where the participants simple wanted to learn or practice Spanish without a hidden agenda. I'm more interested in improving my Spanish as a goal than I am in a "lively" discussion in English about the best way to learn the language. Perhaps when I move SOB I'll find a like-minded group to play with in the sandbox dónde lo bueno es que nosotros jugamos y aprendemos juntos en paz todos los días. I would like to learn more Mexican expressiones that have -on and ona suffixes for example. Like cabezon-a, tetona, pieson-a, culon-a, etc. Interesting how people can become big-headed, big breasted, big-footed, big-butted, big-legged, etc with simple additives to existing words. Some are complimentary and some are derogatory expressions. It's a marvelously rich language. This is what I'm talking about. Sorry for being so long-winded.

Muchas gracías

Señor KBris

I appreciate everyone's responses. It would be wonderful to join an apolitical forum where the participants simple wanted to learn or practice Spanish without a hidden agenda. I'm more interested in improving my Spanish as a goal than I am in a "lively" discussion in English about the best way to learn the language. Perhaps when I move SOB I'll find a like-minded group to play with in the sandbox dónde lo bueno es que nosotros jugamos y aprendemos juntos en paz todos los días. I would like to learn more Mexican expressiones that have -on and ona suffixes for example. Like cabezon-a, tetona, pieson-a, culon-a, etc. Interesting how people can become big-headed, big breasted, big-footed, big-butted, big-legged, etc with simple additives to existing words. Some are complimentary and some are derogatory expressions. It's a marvelously rich language. This is what I'm talking about. Sorry for being so long-winded.

Muchas gracías

Señor KBris

Vaya a Mexconnect. Hay poca más actividad allá. Aquí tiene el vínculo.

Mexconnect

Archived