Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
YBMCG

RECOMMEND INSURANCE FOR HOME?

OUR HOME IS LOCATED NEXT TO AN EMPTY LOT COVERED WITH DRY WEEDS. THERE IS ALSO SEASONAL BURNING GOING ON, NOT AT THIS POINT NEAR OUR HOME. WE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT OUR HOME. LOCAL RESIDENTS HAVE TOLD US THAT EVEN IF DAMAGE SHOULD OCCURR TO THE HOUSE, COLLECTING FOR DAMAGES WOULD BE DIFFICULT. IS THAT CORRECT? ANY SUGGESTIONS IF TO GET COVERAGE & WHAT INSURANCE AGENCY WOULD BE MOST RELIABLE & HONEST.

DEAD TALL TREE ON OTHER PROPERTY ALSO CLOSE TO HOUSE & WOULD HIT HOUSE SHOULD IT FALL.

SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED.

OUR HOME IS LOCATED NEXT TO AN EMPTY LOT COVERED WITH DRY WEEDS. THERE IS ALSO SEASONAL BURNING GOING ON, NOT AT THIS POINT NEAR OUR HOME. WE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT OUR HOME. LOCAL RESIDENTS HAVE TOLD US THAT EVEN IF DAMAGE SHOULD OCCURR TO THE HOUSE, COLLECTING FOR DAMAGES WOULD BE DIFFICULT. IS THAT CORRECT? ANY SUGGESTIONS IF TO GET COVERAGE & WHAT INSURANCE AGENCY WOULD BE MOST RELIABLE & HONEST.

DEAD TALL TREE ON OTHER PROPERTY ALSO CLOSE TO HOUSE & WOULD HIT HOUSE SHOULD IT FALL.

SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED.

About the "difficult part to collect" I am wondering if anyone in the Racket Club collected from any insurance company when they had the tromba, mudslide, whatever, a couple of years ago...I heard that no-one has collected...True or not?

About the "difficult part to collect" I am wondering if anyone in the Racket Club collected from any insurance company when they had the tromba, mudslide, whatever, a couple of years ago...I heard that no-one has collected...True or not?

Not true that no one at the Raquet Club has collected on insurance. There is at least one homeowner who received payment that he was satisfied with. It may be that most people did not have insurance.

I suspect that many people do not have insurance. If I lived in the Racquet Club, there is NO WAY that I would not carry insurance. What happened last year can and will happen again due to soil and rain conditions above the Racquet Club.

About half the people in my Community carry Homeowner's Insurance thru AXA, formerly ING with the agent listed below. I carry Homeowner's with ING insurance, now called AXA after the takeover. My insurance cost is about $ 500. a year.

Your first insurance is for dwelling.

Second is for earthquake (80% of the first)

Then you have. glass breakage, furniture, theft, living expenses, debris clean up etc.

If you're in an area like Racquet Club, you need to carry insurance on the structure for trombas and for damage to contents by trombas.

My agent who sells these policies and who also sells Seguros Monterrey Health policies is:

SEGUROS MONTERREY

Talk to: EDGAR CEDENO CADENAS

He is At LCS on Tues & Thurs from 11 AM to 3 PM

Cell ph: 045 333 106 6982

mail: mexicoprotect@hotmail.com

SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED.

You'll get a lot more answers if you post this in the Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara forum.