Chapala.com Webboard

60's

Maddogpir3

I'm certainly not an expert on restaurants but I DO know what I like.

My wife and I ate lunch at 60's In Paradise today. This is the first time we've been there since Rick and Heidi Fisher sold the place. The new owners, while not as conversational as Rick and Heidi, were really nice and super attentive. Yuki, the xceptional waitress who was there with the Fishers is still there. The place looks the same (except for added additional seating and an designated outdoor smoking areas), still smells the same, costs the same and most importantly, still tastes the same. I had an enormous Fats Domino with a big order of fries. My wife had a "regular" size cheeseburger with fries. Big honking glasses of good tea. Crisp bacon and nice cheddar cheese. We both ordered medium and got medium. The buns might be better than the ones that Rick had. The frys were, if anything, a bit crispier. The burgers were just as messy and sloppy as before.

We both took half of our burgers home. They now have breakfast and are planning to do an early dinner "comfort food" menu.

The total bill was 190 pesos which included a 15 peso copy of the Reporter. By current exchange rates that's @ $11+/- for enough really good stuff to feed a small army.

For me, burgers are a rarity. If I made them a regular habit I'd weigh 250lbs in no time. So when I indulge in one I don't want just a good burger. I want a really really good burger. That means really good meat with no gristle. The above buns and fries.

I know that there's people who will say that you can get a burger for 50pesos. Or for 40. Or (god forbid) for 20. But I don't want those burgers. I want a killer burger and that's what we got today at 60's.

As an aside- - -it always amazes me when someone buys an existing business that's doing really well and then changes it. I can never figure out why the buyers paid the sellers blue sky $$ if they were planning on changing things. To the new owner's credit they didn't change the place. Kudos

Archived