Chapala.com Webboard

RICKI'S JAPANESE & THAI RESTAURANT REVIEW

newinajijic

Ten of us dined at Rick's Restaurant tonight. Some of us got the Miso Soup, others ordered Garden Salad with avocado, cucumbers, red peppers and onion. The salad was very good and very large for an appetizer. We all ordered different entrees. Two ordered Salmon with different sauces on each plate. Three of us ordered the Combination plate of Shrimp Tempura and vegetables which comes with a salad and white rice. The Shrimp were good sized, about 8 of them and the batter was so light. Some orderd Sushi. One ordered Coconut Chicken. Another person orderd eel. I can't remember the rest.

Even though they had a full house withj every table occupied, the service was excellenmt and the food came out hot.

Everyone said the food was delicious, the portions were good and they would return again. For two of us our bill was $ 189. pesos. Last time, it was $ 220. pesos.

We (our dinner group) highly recommends this place.

RICKI'S JAPANESE & THAI RESTAURANT

Marcelos Castellanos # 27

766 1627

• 1 month later...

I forget about Ricki's. We lived a couple blocks away from it about a year ago, and enjoyed it a few times. But now it's sorta inconvenient to where we live, and when I'm on that part of the carretera I generally just want to get the hell through. Anyway, was jonesing for a taste of something different this afternoon and we went in.

Really nice Shrimp Tempura appetizer. (The Gyoza/potstickers kind of sucked though.) But the pre-entree salad was nice and the entree, green curry, was very tasty.

I'm glad it's here.

• 1 month later...

I will second the recommendation of "Rickies Thai". We ate there twice on our recent visit to Ajijic and environs. Had Thai one night and Japanese one night and all was very good authentic flavors. Especially the green curry chicken. My wife loved the Tempura don. (shrimp and veggie tempura served over lightly sauced rice). We'll be baaack!

• 4 weeks later...

I had nabeyaki udon, which is a winter dish, but since there's no true winter in Ajijic, why not? I was wearing a denim jacket, so that's the real mistake. Had it with Indio beer. All was good and (I lived in Japan 6.5 years so...) quite authentic. BGM soundtrack was cool, too. Thanks to the swine flu scare perhaps, there were so few people there that I could hear it clearly.

Archived