Chapala.com Webboard

GRANDMAS'S KITCHEN

budman123

Well, they closed yesterday. A great restuarant gone partly because some of you didn't "like that kind of food" without even trying it.....They had great weiner schnitzel and Hungarian Goulash.

Bud - your approach to the closure is one I've never seen before - blame people who never ate there - interesting.

Guest Gringal
Bud - your approach to the closure is one I've never seen before - blame people who never ate there - interesting.

...and then, there was a thread from the people who DID eat there and didn't like it, including the goulash and the weiner schnitzel.

When a restaurant first opens, it needs to attract people. A good discount, coupons and "specials" which may actually be loss leaders is a good technique. If they've done this and people still just don't care for the food........that can't be helped.

Gringal good point... last summer when the season was slow Roberto's had advertised discounts to keep people coming and not forget he was there. A booming restaurant Santa Fe Bakery in Santa Fe, NM even though always busy always had coupons and it paid off.

The opinion that I heard was that the food was too heavy. I never ate there because it was not my kind of food. Maybe it's a shame they went out for you people, but not for them. They didn't go for lack of business. They wanted to leave as they could make more money in Mexico City being tour guides.

Archived