Chapala.com Webboard

El Panda Stir Fry restaurant

cookj5

We lunched at a new restaurant in Ajijic recently and it was so good that I just had to pass it on. The name is El Panda Stir Fry and it is located at #19 Colon, just south of the Plaza about 1/2 block on the right as you head toward the pier. Their hours are 11am to 9pm.

The restaurant is run by a very nice young Mexican couple, the wife waiting the table and the husband cooking. There is only one price: 50 pesos for all you can eat, a VERY good deal. The style is mongolian stir fry. This is where you take a bowl and fill it with various kinds of sprouts, musrooms, onions, sliced carrots and other veggie stuff, and then heap on raw pieces of chicken, beef, or pork. They have various sauces to add such as garlic and ginger etc, and then you give it to the cook to stir fry for you. You can add some extras such as shrimp, cashews etc for an additional 15 pesos.

But that's not all! While your stir fry is cooking, you can fill up a plate with delicious fried rice and a veggie and noodle dish and dip yourself a cup of tasty soup.

That's a LOT of food for 50 pesos. And the food is really good, too! A lot of small restaurants come and go in Ajijic and Lakeside in general. Restauranting is a tough, uncertain business. This one is so good and at such good price for such a large amount of food that I thought I'd give them a little boost so that they may make it.

Enjoy, and if you do, tell your friends. Best regards, Jim

Archived