Chapala.com Webboard

Thirsty Turtle

diannagail

I posted this question somewhere else but decided to list it as a separate thread also. Has anyone eaten at Thirsty Turtle and how did they like it?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We normally eat there before going to a play at the “Little Theater”. We always enjoy but the proportions (hamburgers anyways) are huge, plan on a doggie bag!

Dianna, I believe the “Chapala.com” group is having a meet-an-greet soon, sometime around Dec. 4th, at Robertos. Are you going? Maybe someone else could help here as we’ll be gone.

Guest Gringal
I posted this question somewhere else but decided to list it as a separate thread also. Has anyone eaten at Thirsty Turtle and how did they like it?

I have turtled a couple of times. Good food, nice char-broiled flavor, and if you prefer a salad to fries, they'll fix you one. Good chicken, too.

The only negative is that the burgers are SO big that it's way more than I want, and warmed over burger just doesn't taste as good later. I wish there were two sizes, with a "junior" size for smaller eaters...and kids, of course.

Does anyone know the hours and days and if not do they have a phone number. I haven't been able to find one.

Guest Gringal
How much are their Burgers and what do they come with, if anything?

Are they as good as 60's in Paradise?

First question: I think it's 55 pesos, and it comes with some very good fries or a large salad.

Second question: The Turtle burger is larger, and I like the meat flavor better.

Note: It's a very large place, with tons of seating. Good place to have a group.

I found information at this site http://www.ajijiccityguide.com/pages/Busin...at/397/view/615 Their phone number is 766-2800 and their listed hours are 11am-11pm. I will call before I go just in case though.

In my google search for info on Thirsty Turtle I ran across this restaurant review section

Ajijic City Guide - Restaurants

PS: I don't know how up to date this site is and as it mentions in small type at the top it is 'Short Ajijic restaurant reviews'. Anyway if you are like me you try to find as much info on things from as many sources as you can.

OK, me again. This doesn't really fit in the la cocina section, but it is an offshoot of the Thirsty Turtle thread. The site I just listed has tons of cool stuff on it from online games, to Spanish lessons. You might want to check it out if you don't already know about it.

Ajijic City Guide I'm usually pretty good at searching and finding sites appropriate to my interests, but this one slipped by me until now. :blink:

PS: I don't know how up to date this site is and as it mentions in small type at the top it is 'Short Ajijic restaurant reviews'. Anyway if you are like me you try to find as much info on things from as many sources as you can.

They really do need to update their restaurant guide. 6 of the restaurants are no longer open!

I just tried to call them to confirm their days and hours (7:51pm) and there was no answer. I'll have to wait and make sure before I go. If anyone else knows how to contact them, let us know.

The owner told me the phone is downstairs and they can't hear it, I tried to make reservations once. I asked him why he doesn't move the phone and he said well you know. Anyway every time that we have gone by or went there it is open. I have never seen them closed.

Thanks.

I've been eating there since it opened and have never had anything less that good until yesterday.

My friend and I went and were served what we called "gristleburgers". We sat there and picked gristle out of our teeth through the whole burger. There was no one to complain to since absolutely no one in the place at the time spoke a sylable of English and trying to restaurant spanglish out "there's gristle in the burger" seemed doomed to defeat.

SO! TENNESSEE GUY THAT OWNS THE PLACE!!! DON'T START USING CRAP BEEF OR YOU'RE GOING TO GO THE ROUTE OF SO MANY OTHERS WHO JUST KNEW HOW TO DO IT- - -FIRST THE RIGHT WAY AND THEN THE CHEAP WAY AND THEN THE OUT OF BUSINESS WAY!!!!

Guest Gringal
I've been eating there since it opened and have never had anything less that good until yesterday.

My friend and I went and were served what we called "gristleburgers". We sat there and picked gristle out of our teeth through the whole burger. There was no one to complain to since absolutely no one in the place at the time spoke a sylable of English and trying to restaurant spanglish out "there's gristle in the burger" seemed doomed to defeat.

SO! TENNESSEE GUY THAT OWNS THE PLACE!!! DON'T START USING CRAP BEEF OR YOU'RE GOING TO GO THE ROUTE OF SO MANY OTHERS WHO JUST KNEW HOW TO DO IT- - -FIRST THE RIGHT WAY AND THEN THE CHEAP WAY AND THEN THE OUT OF BUSINESS WAY!!!!

Gristle? Amen and halelluiah, brother. Gristle is "goodbye". <_<

To me the 3 times I went always some gristle. Same with 60's in Paradise on two out of 3 times and the latter high enough priced to not be acceptable considering quality of meat.

Yes I know some of you are so old you have to gum your food and would not know if gristle. lmao

To me the 3 times I went alsways some gristle. Same with 60's in Paradise on two out of 3 times and the latter high enough priced to not be acceptable considering quality of meat.

I haven't eaten at 60's since the ownership change but when Rick Fisher owned the place there wasn't any gristle in the beef! That's one of the reasons the place was so wildly successful under his and Heidi's ownership.

FYI- - -Rick and Heidi are opening up a breakfast place on Ocampo next to LM Computer. Big place. I saw the menu and there's going to be real eggs benedict with homemade holandaise sauce! Rick says he should be open in mid January.

Hey! Learn to speak Spanish since that is the language of this country, then you can at least complain properly.

I ate there this past summer while visiting and enjoyed the rib eyes and beer.

Archived