Chapala.com Webboard

¡¡Microbrewery in Ajijic!!

Brew Master

Hello we are going to open the first microbrewery in ajijic, we would have the pleasure to serve on tap the next beer styles:

Light Ale, Amber Ale, Brown Ale, Pale Ale, India Pale Ale, Porter, Irish Stout, Belgian Tripel, Belgian White, Hefe Weizen, Strong Ale and two lager beers Viena and German Pilsner.

We will keep you informed, about the grand opening.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will be located at the Chapala - Jocotepec Highway #141-D, Ajijic, Jalisco between the streets of Juárez and Aquiles Serdán. We are next to the sarape tex mex restaurant.

We will keep you informed about the openning.

As a beer lover will be looking forward to a good pint .Where will you ne located ?

We hope that you try our stout, right now where are serving a winter stout, for this colder months, hehehe. :rolleyes: Our first place is located in Tlaquepaque, if you kindly want to try our beers. The webpage is: www.beerlounge.com.mx

We feel the necessity to put the microbrewery here in ajijic, because when the guadalajara reporter made us an interview, many people around the lake came to try it and it makes us very happy to see that the people come in and out very satisfied; because we try each day to do our best, when brewing.

And by the way Grupo Modelo and Cuauthemoc Moctezuma, does not allowed competition, for us it is been difficult to buy the brewing supplies but not impossible, because here in mexico the micro brewing, the home brewing it is not usual than in other countrys. And they make different styles of beers, they do not make Ales that could be a point for us. If you see budweiser made an American Ale (released in october of this year), because the micro´s in the U.S. growth significantly and many beer lovers prefer a better brew, than Miller, Coors and Bud.

Well maybe I sound so passionate about beer, but I think that this could be a good way to share and talk about a very interesting topic.

Take care. Henry

I would give my husband's left gonad for a good Stout.

I didn't realize that Grupo Modelo allowed competition. Good luck.

We hope that you try our stout, right now where are serving a winter stout, for this colder months, hehehe. :rolleyes: Our first place is located in Tlaquepaque, if you kindly want to try our beers. The webpage is: www.beerlounge.com.mx

We feel the necessity to put the microbrewery here in ajijic, because when the guadalajara reporter made us an interview, many people around the lake came to try it and it makes us very happy to see that the people come in and out very satisfied; because we try each day to do our best, when brewing.

And by the way Grupo Modelo and Cuauthemoc Moctezuma, does not allowed competition, for us it is been difficult to buy the brewing supplies but not impossible, because here in mexico the micro brewing, the home brewing it is not usual than in other countrys. And they make different styles of beers, they do not make Ales that could be a point for us. If you see budweiser made an American Ale (released in october of this year), because the micro´s in the U.S. growth significantly and many beer lovers prefer a better brew, than Miller, Coors and Bud.

Well maybe I sound so passionate about beer, but I think that this could be a good way to share and talk about a very interesting topic.

Take care. Henry

Thank you for the link. Do you know what days/hours they are open in Tlaquepaque?

Well it is open from Monday to Saturday from 3:20 pm to 11 pm, well actually friday and saturday it closes at 1:00 am.

And the address is:

Juarez #145 -7

Col. Centro

San Pedro Tlaquepaque, jalisco

One block before the parian.

Inside plaza de artesanias.

Outside the plaza the tapatio tour is parked.

Thank you for the link. Do you know what days/hours they are open in Tlaquepaque?

Well it is open from Monday to Saturday from 3:20 pm to 11 pm, well actually friday and saturday it closes at 1:00 am.

And the address is:

Juarez #145 -7

Col. Centro

San Pedro Tlaquepaque, jalisco

One block before the parian.

Inside plaza de artesanias.

Outside the plaza the tapatio tour is parked.

ok,thanks. we'll make sure to go there this week.

Hello,

New user to this site. Read the article(s) in the Guadalajara Reporter and visited your place soon after. Had a nice ale as I recall, but place was not too busy. Wrong time of day I'm sure, mid-afternoon. Don't get up to Tlaquepue too often so was delighted to see that you'll be opening another pub within walking distance from our house.

Your beer selections sound quite extensive. Will you be having all these brews at all times?

I like to do some home-brewing myself. Currently have some stout bottled and a batch of English pale ale ready to be bottled. I think we may have talked about this over the 'phone or by email when I asked if you sell ingredients for home-brewers and you responded that you do sell ingredients and that you have a home-brewers club. Do you think you might do the same here?

In any case, I hope to be able to visit you here often and soon. Very nice location with view on rear patio that looks out over the lake.

What sort of Pub grub will you be serving?

Best of luck,

Paddy

Con't agree with you too often but you are right on this one.

Dear Brewmaster Henry :

I love your place in Tlaquepaque and am looking forward to grand opening at # 141-D Carr Chap-Joco, Ajijic.

Am belgian and beer lover ! Of course. Live 11 yrs at lakeside.

Invite me at the opening of your place. Am also President of French association "Amities Francophones" and have special event on Dec 13 in La Floresta.

Call me @ 766-0149 or email rolandi28@hotmail.com maybe you can explain your business to our members (400 +)

They will love it !

Hello, the response is YES we are going to have all this beer styles on tap, and some seasonals, right now we do not have our regular stout, we make a seasonal one a winter stout. In other hand i am sure i can sell you some supplies and i will be more than happy to start a home brewers club, it will be quite interesting to meet new friends and better if they love beer as I do.

Well the food menu is international and the best of all, that are very well served, so you can share, our american and argentinan Beef cuts, are 500 grms the larger one and the smaller is like 400 grms. We also have Fish and Chips, Choucroute Garnie, Chili Dog, Hamburgers, Risotto, just to mention some dishes.

Thanks again and i will keep you informed about the progress of the brewpub.

Hello,

New user to this site. Read the article(s) in the Guadalajara Reporter and visited your place soon after. Had a nice ale as I recall, but place was not too busy. Wrong time of day I'm sure, mid-afternoon. Don't get up to Tlaquepue too often so was delighted to see that you'll be opening another pub within walking distance from our house.

Your beer selections sound quite extensive. Will you be having all these brews at all times?

I like to do some home-brewing myself. Currently have some stout bottled and a batch of English pale ale ready to be bottled. I think we may have talked about this over the 'phone or by email when I asked if you sell ingredients for home-brewers and you responded that you do sell ingredients and that you have a home-brewers club. Do you think you might do the same here?

In any case, I hope to be able to visit you here often and soon. Very nice location with view on rear patio that looks out over the lake.

What sort of Pub grub will you be serving?

Best of luck,

Paddy

Of course you are invited, I remember you very well, you went in the afternoon and try out the sampler of our beers; and we will be more than honored to go to your meeting. Thanks again and i am very pleased to talk to you again.

Dear Brewmaster Henry :

I love your place in Tlaquepaque and am looking forward to grand opening at # 141-D Carr Chap-Joco, Ajijic.

Am belgian and beer lover ! Of course. Live 11 yrs at lakeside.

Invite me at the opening of your place. Am also President of French association "Amities Francophones" and have special event on Dec 13 in La Floresta.

Call me @ 766-0149 or email rolandi28@hotmail.com maybe you can explain your business to our members (400 +)

They will love it !

I would give my husband's left gonad for a good Stout.

Psst... Does your husband know anything about this :o

I may have missed it in the posts, but what is the name of the restaurant?

The name is Beer Lounge Craft Brewed Ales. We hope to open as soon as we get the license.

I may have missed it in the posts, but what is the name of the restaurant?

Well, as I promise to keep you informed, about our advances, the good news is that we had the license, but only the one that can allow us to be a restaurant, and the bad is that in January we are going to applicate for the license that allow us to sell our beer. Thanks again for your interest, and i will keep you informed.

Henry.

Last I heard from the owners ("Brewmaster") the other day is that they expect the license for serving beer to be issued mid-January. I am also a homebrewing hobbiest NOB and look forward to having ingredients available locally. I visited the Tlaquepaque pub last July and came away very impressed with the quality of their craft brews - the porter in particular was among the best I've had in sometime. The owners - with whom I have communicated via email off and on over the past several months - have been extremely friendly and very interested in encouraging more craft beer hobbiests. They have a homebrew club that meets once a month at their Tlaquepaque pub to sample members' latest recipes, etc. Tried to attend a meeting last July but it was cancelled at the last minute. Can't wait for the pub to open in January!

Well, as I promise to keep you informed, about our advances, the good news is that we had the license, but only the one that can allow us to be a restaurant, and the bad is that in January we are going to applicate for the license that allow us to sell our beer. Thanks again for your interest, and i will keep you informed.

Henry.

I saw the location you are moving into. It is very small with no windows. There is another location on the other side of El Serape that is bigger and has an open air deck in the back with a view of the lake.(Former location of Armando's Restaurant) That is the location I thought you were moving into. I would much prefer eating and drinking at that location than being in a small dark room. The strip center you are moving into is very new with high turnover. All the original stores have moved out already!

I saw the location you are moving into. It is very small with no windows. There is another location on the other side of El Serape that is bigger and has an open air deck in the back with a view of the lake.(Former location of Armando's Restaurant) That is the location I thought you were moving into. I would much prefer eating and drinking at that location than being in a small dark room. The strip center you are moving into is very new with high turnover. All the original stores have moved out already!

Do you have any idea what the rental per month is for those "garage lock ups"....they are growing like mushrooms...must be people/developers with lots of spare cash!! and as you say the turn over of renters make look like a "quickie" motel

Hello.

Well actually, we look for several locations, also the ones near the new bagel shop, i have to admit, that i am not familiar with the zone, but we are tryng to put our best effort, to make this a nice place to eat and drink a very good beer. I actually took a couple of photos about the advance of the place. There are no new, but maybe you can figure it out, how it will be, when we finish.

Henry

The link is: http://www.metroflog.com/beerlounge/200811...0081207&nf=

Archived