Chapala.com Webboard

¡¡Microbrewery in Ajijic!!

Brew Master

Thanks for the comments and you are right we sell the beer in growlers of 1 gallon or per liter, right now, if you have your own growler, we can fill it.

And our Store hours are:

From Monday to Saturday.

From 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm

Sunday is closed.

I wish I was there but I'm currently in Denver for a while. Hope to give the place lots of business in the future as I live just 2 blocks away. Why home brew with a place like this so close? <_<

Brew Pubs in Denver don't sell bottles, they just sell pints in a glass. For take out, they sell "growlers" (1/2 gallon jugs) to go. Is this how the Beer Lounge sells their beer??

Thanks.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the comments and you are right we sell the beer in growlers of 1 gallon or per liter, right now, if you have your own growler, we can fill it.

And our Store hours are:

From Monday to Saturday.

From 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm

Sunday is closed.

I plan to boost your profits when we visit in June.

As a brewery owner friend of mine once told me, Life is too short for cheap beer

Spouse and I spent a wonderful hour and a half at the Microbrewery in Ajijic this afternoon. We were the only folks there and Henry, the owner, sat down and told us all about the establishment and all about BEER!

This guy has encyclopedic knowledge of the world of beer and beer making.

His story was fascinating.

We ordered the sampler for 65 pesos we got 6 glasses of different beers. The glasses were bigger than we'd anticipated....so spouse took a while to down them. He pronounced each and everyone to be worthy of a prize!

Henry included a plate of nice tapas.

I hope this place 'makes it' here in Ajijic.....as well as the one in Tlaquepaque has done.

He even has a painting of St Arnold......the Brewmasters Saint!!!

All the best to you Henry!

Yesterday l have been there again....l enjoyed the new beer styles,Pale Ale,Vienna and Pilsner....all of them taste just

wonderful.....l agree with you...Henry is a nice guy and a real beer master...he knows all about you want to know about beer....lm glad he is here.....

Thanks for your best whishes. Henry.

Although I won't be a patron because I do not drink, I sincerely wish you all the best in your new venture. I hate to see people open up, only to be closed 6 months later.

I will be more than happy to meet you there. Thanks for taking your time to read the entire post.

I plan to boost your profits when we visit in June.

As a brewery owner friend of mine once told me, Life is too short for cheap beer

¡Felicitaciónes de su negocío nuevo! Me gustan mucho los microbrews. He pensado de mudarme a Ajijic y ahora tengo una razón venir allá. Voy a visitar en abril y por supuesto trataré muchas cervesas en su bar.

un saludo

Keith Bris

Mesquite, Nevada

Guest Basulto
¡Felicitaciónes de su negocío nuevo! Me gustan mucho los microbrews. He pensado de mudarme a Ajijic y ahora tengo una razón venir allá. Voy a visitar en abril y por supuesto trataré muchas cervesas en su bar.

un saludo

Keith Bris

Mesquite, Nevada

This guy truly offers a top notch product and good assortment of beers I hope he makes it we really need something like this here for us dedicated beer drinkers

B

A growler here in Denver is a 1 gallon glass jug with a screw top so you can take some microbrew beer home with you. I think various areas have different names for this jug.

Guest Basulto
What is a "growler"?

A growler is a sealable glass container I have seen some that resemble them in guad, your best bet is something like a Carlo Rossi wine jug it has a screw on cap and it seals pretty good and servers the purpose.

B

My wife and I enjoyed a couple of beers there this afternoon. Irish Stout for me and the Strong Pale Ale for SWMBO. Wonderful beer, and a great story from Henry on how he and his wife (the brewmaster) got into the business, and the exhaustive research they have done on things beery.

BTW, we followed this with a visit to the Cuban place on the Libriamento (opposite Pemex). What a great way to spend an afternoon!

A growler is a sealable glass container I have seen some that resemble them in guad, your best bet is something like a Carlo Rossi wine jug it has a screw on cap and it seals pretty good and servers the purpose.

B

The only problem is how to get an empty Carlo Rossi jug.

A very large amount of bad wine (to drink) in order to be able to transport good ale.

Guest Basulto
The only problem is how to get an empty Carlo Rossi jug.

A very large amount of bad wine (to drink) in order to be able to transport good ale.

I use carlo rossi white wine for cooking purposes so its pretty easy

B

I wish I was there but I'm currently in Denver for a while. Hope to give the place lots of business in the future as I live just 2 blocks away. Why home brew with a place like this so close? <_<

Thanks.

Hola Denver

As long as you're up there in Denver, how about driving up the road a piece and having a Tundrabeary Ale at Tommyknockers in Idaho Springs for me?

:D

Hola Denver

As long as you're up there in Denver, how about driving up the road a piece and having a Tundrabeary Ale at Tommyknockers in Idaho Springs for me?

:D

MtnMama,

I might just have to go check out the Tundrabeary next weekend. I've had Tommyknocker brews in the bottle but never draft, or visited their brewery at Idaho Springs. Thanks for the suggestion. Have you checked out the Beer Lounge in Ajijic yet?? Comments??

Haven't been by yet but plan to stop by.

MtnMama,

I might just have to go check out the Tundrabeary next weekend. I've had Tommyknocker brews in the bottle but never draft, or visited their brewery at Idaho Springs. Thanks for the suggestion. Have you checked out the Beer Lounge in Ajijic yet?? Comments??

Hello homebrewers:

We are going to sell some all grain (yeast, hops and grains included) kits to make beer:

1 Gallon($100.00)

5 Gallons ($390.00)

The brewing kits we are going to sell are for the following beer styles:

PALE ALE, BROWN ALE, STOUT

Tomorrow is Saint Patricks Day and we are going to celebrate it, with a special $50 pesos for a liter of good Stout. We hope to see you there.

St. Patrick's day party at Beer Lounge??? How nice.

The beer making kits look VERY interesting.

quote name='BrewMaster' date='Mar 17 2009, 12:46 AM' post='119440']

Tomorrow is Saint Patricks Day and we are going to celebrate it, with a special $50 pesos for a liter of good Stout. We hope to see you there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again and thanks all of you that had the time to stop by and have a pint of beer at the beer lounge.

Well we are thinking which will be the best date for the first reunion of the HOMEBREW CLUB that we are going to start, the idea is to gather once a month in the beer lounge and share our brews and talk ALL ABOUT BEER. any suggestion is welcome. I hope that all the homebrewers in ajijic join us.

Henry

Hello again and thanks all of you that had the time to stop by and have a pint of beer at the beer lounge.

Well we are thinking which will be the best date for the first reunion of the HOMEBREW CLUB that we are going to start, the idea is to gather once a month in the beer lounge and share our brews and talk ALL ABOUT BEER. any suggestion is welcome. I hope that all the homebrewers in ajijic join us.

Henry

Can 't make it for the next few months, but look forward to getting together with local homebrewers when I return in June.

Also, I was sorry to have missed Beer Lounge opening last month, but I wish Henry and his wife all the best in their endeavor. It's a great new addition to our community. Let's drink to that! :D

Archived