Chapala.com Webboard

ROBERTO'S RESTAURANT REVIEW

johninajijic

Twelve of us from our bi Monthly Dinner group ate at Roberto's restaurant last night (Friday). The table was set with white linen underneath and brown table linens on top with beige linen napkins. Quite nice. First came the bread and three spreads. Next came his famous Carrot Fritters, delicious.

Most of us ordered Mushroom soup, but the waiter returned to say they were all out, so some of us changed to Chile Poblano soup (not spicy) and some had the Salad with Raspberry Vinegarette dressing on the side. All the soups and salads were very good.

Entrees: They had their regular menu plus specials. The special for the night was Duck L'Orange. 8 of us ordered the Duck which came with wild rice and veggies. Two people had Beef Brisket. One had the Fisherman's Platter which is Fried Shrimp, Scallops and two pieces of Whitefish with Cole Slaw. Another person had Mahi Mahi, don't know what came with it. She said it was excellent. The Duck was overcooked and the breast was a bit dry, the leg portion was better, but it but was very tasty.

Roberto serves plenty of food on his Dinners. You won't go away hungry. The consesus of all people was that his food is very good. We highly recommend Roberto's. If you like Fish, he has a lot on the menu.

So that is why we had such terrible service at Roberto's last Friday, obviously he was catering to your group.........and ignoring our table of 8, most of whom will NOT return. Used to enjoy this restaurant............however, like many others, he has a good reputation, then gets sloppy!! Sorry, another one crossed off our list!

missbuilder - That's an assumption on your part. Our service was slow too. Perhaps he didn't have enough waiters on. When you make assumptions, you make an a*s out of yourself.

He was very, very busy last Friday night so you need to have patience. This is Mexico, not the US. If you can't give people second chances based on them being very busy and they were a little slow, you won't be eating at ANY of the restaurants in Ajijic. Your NOT special and you were not the ONLY GOD DAMN PEOPLE who were there that night. Wake up and get your head out of your a*s.

It's still one of the best restaurants in Ajijic.

missbuilder - That's an assumption on your part. Our service was slow too. Perhaps he didn't have enough waiters on. When you make assumptions, you make an a*s out of yourself.

He was very, very busy last Friday night so you need to have patience. This is Mexico, not the US. If you can't give people second chances based on them being very busy and they were a little slow, you won't be eating at ANY of the restaurants in Ajijic. Your NOT special and you were not the ONLY GOD DAMN PEOPLE who were there that night. Wake up and get your head out of your a*s.

It's still one of the best restaurants in Ajijic.

Been there many times, this was his last chance! Boy, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! Have a nice day, smile, it might help!

Is Roberto doing a US Thanksgiving day seating?

We can't go to friends out of town and want to get a group together for the day....tend to plan well ahead. It's an old habit. Thanks.

Is Roberto doing a US Thanksgiving day seating?

We can't go to friends out of town and want to get a group together for the day....tend to plan well ahead. It's an old habit. Thanks.

Yes! His price is 250P pp. His menu is in this week's Guadalajara Reporter.

I was lucky enough to be in Ajijic last week, and I took a couple of friends to Roberto's for dinner on a Wednesday night. After reading all the good reviews I was curious how Roberto's would compare to a decent Denver restaurant--Denver does have some good places to eat even if it's still a bit of a cowtown.

I had Steak Diane, my friends had Salmon and the Beef Stroganoff. We all were very pleased with our main courses, and the quality of food compares well with what I'm used to here at home. Also, the soup, salad and carrot fritters were great. The service upstairs was prompt throughout the meal. Downstairs was packed, upstairs was near empty.

OK, 3 meals with soup/salad, a beer and 2 wines, a tea and one desert (pecan pie) with tax and tip was a whopping $35USD. The meal here would cost around $143 with tax and tip. (The current exchange rate helps)

I think you guys have it made down there!

I was lucky enough to be in Ajijic last week, and I took a couple of friends to Roberto's for dinner on a Wednesday night. After reading all the good reviews I was curious how Roberto's would compare to a decent Denver restaurant--Denver does have some good places to eat even if it's still a bit of a cowtown.

I had Steak Diane, my friends had Salmon and the Beef Stroganoff. We all were very pleased with our main courses, and the quality of food compares well with what I'm used to here at home. Also, the soup, salad and carrot fritters were great. The service upstairs was prompt throughout the meal. Downstairs was packed, upstairs was near empty.

OK, 3 meals with soup/salad, a beer and 2 wines, a tea and one desert (pecan pie) with tax and tip was a whopping $35USD. The meal here would cost around $143 with tax and tip. (The current exchange rate helps)

I think you guys have it made down there!

I am amazed at the "cheap"price you paid for 3 people and wine..it would help if you quoted in pesos so that "all residents" who live and die in pesos understand.

Tobyjug, the check was for 420 pesos + 50 tip = 470 pesos. 470 / 13.2 = $35.60USD.

I was so shocked at how low the bill was that I only glanced at it. It seemed the dinners were around 90-100 pesos each, wine/beer around 30 pesos each. Maybe the waiter forgot to charge me for the 2nd wine or the desert? Also, I'm not sure what the exact exchange rate was I got at the ATM, so I could be off a couple of dollars.

Sorry, need to adjust my thinking from US $ to Mn pesos.

• 3 months later...

Archived