Chapala.com Webboard

ROBERTO'S RESTAURANT REVIEW

johninajijic

Four of us went to Roberto's at his new location. The entry with all the new plants is beautiful as is the new bar to the right. We did not go upstairs although I hear it has been redone and is very nice. We sat outside. We ordered a bottle of wine from his decent wine list. It was very good. They brought a couple orders of carrot fritters to us as well as hot rolls with different spreads for the rolls.

Each of us ordered different dishes. One ordered the Fisherman's Platter, lots of Shrimp, Scallops in white wine and mushroom sauce and 2 generous pieces of fish. One ordered Salmon with Dijon mustard sauce. It came with veggies. Two of us ordered Roast Pork Loin with sliced apples on top and an onion confit. There were mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli and squash on the plate. A lot of food and we all loved our meals.

We highly recommend Roberto's. They are open every night except for Sunday and Monday nights.

Guest Willard

I'd absolutely second that recommendation. Terrific ambiance, nice service, prices are right and the food is really really good. We ate there the other night. My wife and a couple of others had the fish and chips and it was xceptional. Really light batter. I had a Thai shrimp dish that was great. Andrew (the chef) specializes in Thai cuisine so try it.

Plenty of parking too.

That whole end of town is going to be a night time hot spot with Robertos. the Michelada (sp) bar across the street at the Strom/White building and I heard there was a potential night club coming in with live music.

Guest mrsmarty
That's the one - he was previously in this location when it was Que Linda - get's around doesn't he.

Andrew is not THE Chef, he's the Sous Chef. Roberto (AKA Bobby) is THE Chef.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a good place. Can you give me cross streets and hours? Thanks.

I should have thought to look at your list John. Thanks.

I had dinner at Roberto's last week with my daughter.

I had Crisp Red Snapper on a bed of curried noodles, Shelley had Beef Briscut n/veggies

Mine was exceptionally " rich " I think butter was used in place of a yogurt in the curry.

Shelley's was excellent... Carrot fritters didn't do a thing for me.... sorry

Beautiful restaurant... one of the nicest I had encountered.

Avoid the potentially rich stuff unless you plan on having a couple of bottles of wine to clear out your arteries.

Andrew is not THE Chef, he's the Sous Chef. Roberto (AKA Bobby) is THE Chef.

-

Thanks goodness, was he a chef at Que Linda? I really did not care for their food. As I posted couple of years ago, the grounds were beautiful, but the place was missing a "soul" and the food???not worth to mention. We were couple of times (earlier this year) at the Agave II and the same was true. Is this place cursed ? Best of luck to Roberto - the chef.

-

Cheers

:)

• 2 months later...

Archived