Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'permanente'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Chapala.com Webboard
    • Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara
    • Let's Talk About our Furry and Feathered Friends
    • Mexico General
    • Customs and Immigration
    • La Cocina
    • Charitable and Other Events Upcoming
    • Lakeside Restaurant/Bistro Happenings
    • Lake Chapala Society
    • American Legion
    • Learning Spanish
    • Lago de Chapala
  • Classifieds
    • Automobiles
    • Computers & Software
    • General Merchandise
    • Pets & Supplies
    • Collectibles

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 5 results

  1. I am going to write the Post that I wish I had found BEFORE my 3 trips to INM AFTER arriving back from the Consulate with my ''Permanente Visa Pre-Approval'.. After waiting almost 90 minutes on my first visit, I was advised that I needed to visit the bank & pay 4,828 pesos, using the form below to direct payment to the correct account... Upon returning with the receipt in hand, I waited another 45 minutes to learn that additional requirements must be met and the attached form would guide me in their preparation. Today, after waiting for ~60 minutes, I successfully completed Part 2 of the process after submitting the listed documents & copies (no photos required yet). I have received an email confirmation & exchanged my FMM - CANJE for a letter saying my application is being processed. Next, I was told to expect a 2 week wait, before needing to return to INM with photos for fingerprints... I'm getting excited...
  2. Wallet stolen in Walmart today, Wed. Aug.2nd. Several hundred dollars charged to Visa and Amex. Bank cards all reported and frozen. Does anyone know what info one has to supply to Immigration to replace my Residente Permanente card? Hopefully it is not as onerous as the initial application!
  3. My cards were stolen yesterday with some money, by a worker painting my casa, he is nowhere to be found, I need someone to help me replace permanente card...
  4. Hi. I had an hour session with an immigration consultant yesterday about options for applying for permanente status. I am ready to move forward with the process but had heard nothing but negative things about working with the local Mexican consul in the Seattle area where my legal domicile is established. She said that I can apply at any consul in the U.S. and that some have much better reputations for offering (and honoring) scheduled appointments as well as making the process a fairly quick turnaround. If I understand correctly, the usual process is an initial interview and doc presentation, followed by a return visit to pick up the visa several days later. Does anyone have a specific recommendation on a U.S. office they used? Of course, I understand that there has to be a visit within 30 days here in Mexico, but I'm fine with that part. Thanks for your information.
  5. A client just informed me that he was turned away at the Laredo, Texas Mexican consulate because he didnt have an appointment and that they said the visa process now takes 3 days. This seems to be a drastic change from before. Has anybody else experienced this?
  • Create New...