Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'penalty'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Chapala.com Webboard
    • Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara
    • Let's Talk About our Furry and Feathered Friends
    • Mexico General
    • Customs and Immigration
    • La Cocina
    • Charitable and Other Events Upcoming
    • Lakeside Restaurant/Bistro Happenings
    • Lake Chapala Society
    • American Legion
    • Learning Spanish
    • Lago de Chapala
  • Classifieds
    • Automobiles
    • Computers & Software
    • General Merchandise
    • Pets & Supplies
    • Collectibles

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 1 result

  1. The only people that should enter Mexico as tourists are those who want to leave in 180 days. Immigration is checking and cross referencing and the law states that if you enter or exit as a tourist then you will have your temporal or permanente canceled. Why would people who have one of these documents risk losing everything including all the time and money spent? Some commons reasons: Ignorance about having to show their travel letter (or needing one when traveling while papers in process). Being too cheap to pay for a travel letter Not showing their visa sticker from the consulate in their passport upon arriving in Mexico. Having an ignorant immigration agent who thinks all foreigners are tourists and who tells you to sort out any problems at immigration NEVER leave the immigration counter if you were given a tourist visa and you are not a tourist, they will try to get rid of you but once you leave then you are stuck and risk losing everything. If your FMM form says 180 days then they marked you as a tourist. If you get a visa from a consulate and enter Mexico your FMM form will give you 30 days. Once you leave they will assume that you did wrong, not them and they will cancel your document. People with travel letters need to get both entry and exit stamps on the travel letter, show it at all times and do not let them take it. People whose document expired while outside Mexico may enter within 55 days of expiration and MUST show their expired document and not get a tourist card then apply for renewal within 5 days. A new trick is to call people into immigration and deny them the right to an attorney or translator and then trick them into confessing that they entered wrong and have them sign a form all in Spanish, demand your right to an attorney or translator and NEVER accept blame for mistakes done by immigration.
  • Create New...