Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About ambconsultants

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

3,974 profile views
  1. 2 ways. Sometimes the mexican consulate will notarize a poa that would be valid. Or poa done with u.s. notary and with an apostille from the state you live in. Check with the mexican notary that is handling the deed to advise and to make sure he will accept it when done.
  2. No not very expensive if you do it at time of sale. It is called reserva de dominio.
  3. Can someone please pm me with the phone number for a u.s. notary in the area. Thanks but I don't need any legal opinions.
  4. As i remember the law i would say it is not legal. But i would have to read again.
  5. As far as I remember you cannot change your name in Mexico just correct it. It should be the same as your Birth Certificate. The only difference that might occur is in Mexico they use both last names. In my opinion you changed your name in the US not in Mexico. I would maybe have a copy of your name change from the US in case some authority in Mexico questions you. If I remember right there is a small court type document you can get where the court recognizes that you are known by two names. Very interesting problem.
  6. You can lower the risks substantially if you do a title search ( Historial) in Catastro and the Registro Publico. A notary will not do this automatically you must pay extra or pay an attorney or someone that knows what they are doing. Notaries only order a clean title certificate. The person you hire can go back sometimes more than 100 years. I would recommend at least 10 as that is when possession can convert to into property ( Prescripcion) to see if there are any red flags. If it is close to an Ejido you should have someone definitely double check. If this is done you
  7. Yes it does grow here. I have found it at superama grocery on lopez mateos about 3 km to the south of costco. Sell alot of different items there.
  8. The main branches of law are civil, commercial, labor, tax, criminal, agriculture and adminstrative. Make sure you find one that practices maybe one or two. I am always am scared of lawyers that boast that they experts in all branches.
  9. Hi. I have a great one out of gdl. Not cheap though. 

  10. Yes there are zonings laws. Chapala has most areas mapped and approved. It is municipal law. I assume in that area it is classified as h2 which is residential and depending on the area and the size of the lot probably would not allow for a trailer park. The zoning plans are on the chapala web site.
  11. Well not an advocate either way about bad expats, but I assume it is against the zoning laws and probably the fraccs rules. So maybe not bad gringos against the mexicans. Maybe just not legally permitted.
  12. Sorry It is almost impossible to get a carry license. Only with great contacts. Gun store is in Mexico City. Must be approved before you go and only sell up to .380 pistols, it is possible to get up to .38 from private party legally. Larger calibers are illegal. Look and mexicoarmado.com It has all the info.
  13. The soil at the lake contains very highly expansive clay. I have seen larger concrete footings as you mentioned work but I would recommend a layer of about 30 cm of gravel below because of the soil movement. If you do a professional soil study they will be able to give you various foundation options including just concrete and rebar but they will usually require the removal a certain amount of dirt in order to get to a better quality of soil and much bigger than you mentioned. I have seen recommendations past two meters in some places. The rock system is a traditional system here at
  14. If they gave you a ticket in Chapala they are Transitos (traffic cops). And yes you need a motorcycle license. There is a car license and motorcycle.
  15. I was informed in the Municipal office that the best time was on Saturday. I assume then that they are open. I cannot guarantee though.
  • Create New...