Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Toyhauler 4u

  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Toyhauler 4u

  1. I sent a PM in April but never heard from you. I have a truck and trailer. I have no issues crossing the border. You and your animals can ride along.
  2. You can cancel your TIP at the Chicago, and certain others, consulate. Contact them for the SPECIFIC DATES that they will cancel permits. You will have to get the car to the consulate.
  3. FYI; https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/american-expats-trouble-getting-stimulus-checks-2020-5?r=MX&IR=T
  4. So am I. What is the cost per kilo? What would you say is the approx edible weight after trimming? Now where do I buy some corn rye bread?
  5. I have a truck and trailer. I sent you a PM with my contact info.
  6. I might have some covered space in Joco. I sent you a message with my phone number
  7. I am going to take a client to Phoenix around mid June. As of now, I am empty on the way back.
  8. When do they need the spot? How long do they want to stay? Maybe my yard could work in Joco?
  9. I bought a package the other day. I cooked one of the racks on the BBQ. Medium rare, with asparagus and a Idaho russet potato with all the trimmings. It was delish. These are the real deal. Thanks for the tip.
  10. In all 3 States. 5 on the way north and 7 on the way south. Some had big campsites set up. Federales doing vehicles inspections at the caseta's didn't seem to interested in the takeovers. BTW, in Viacam the locals have set up "toll" booths at the large topes at both ends of town. Just pay and go.
  11. Just came south the last couple of days. No problems at all. Just have 50 pesos notes to pay the tolls that have been commandeered. 7 of them on the way south.
  12. With a new passport you can circumvent the system and get a new or 2nd TIP. First you need to get a FMM turista for the new TIP. Once you are issued the Tourist permit you lose your residente permanente, as Alan posted in article 64 #2
  13. You pay 16% (IVA) of the value LESS your personal exemption
  14. Thanks, that was to easy. It was right in front of my nose. The policy I buy for the USA also includes coverage for Canada. https://www.nuagentesonline.com/agents/b6769fb6897300b3dfddc232635dccf9/index.php
  15. Thanks Ferret but Google is not very helpful. Neither was Bing. Almost all USA auto policies include Canada. My Mexican insurance doesn't include the USA and Canada. I buy per day policies for for my trips to the USA. There doesn't seem to be any companies selling 7-14 day policies for Canada. Are there insurance offices near the border area that sell per day insurance like they have in Mexico?
  16. I am hoping some of you Canadians might know the answer or point me in the correct directions. I am a US citizen with a Mexican residente permanente. My truck, trailer, and scooter are Mexican plated. Where can I purchase a short term tourist insurance policy for Canada?
  17. Electrika/Banco Azteca sells libertads at most of their branches all over Mexico. The price is posted on their website and changes daily. Today's price is 420p per onza. https://www.bancoazteca.com.mx/
  18. I have been stopped twice over the years on the USA side heading south and had to count out my money. Both times I had an RV and was searched.
  19. Nogales and Anzalduas are 2 I have heard about. Some people try to do the online application. I have read that they are unable to complete the application because they are checking the GVW using the VIN. Earlier this week I spoke with a man that got a TIP at Colombia for an ex U-Haul F450 box van moving to Lakeside. As usual in Mexico, it is hit and miss. The law is decided by the person you need the permit from.
  20. Rick this year, several people have been turned back with trucks having a GVW over 7700 pounds. Not all but quite a few have.
  21. Truck campers do not require TIP's.
  • Create New...