Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Days Won


Sonia last won the day on March 25 2019

Sonia had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

660 Excellent


About Sonia

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  • Birthday December 31

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    San Miguel de Allende / Puerto Vallarta / Riviera Nayarit
  • Interests
    Immigration; MX Driver's License; Health, Auto, Life Insurance, INAPAM, RFC, Employment Relations, Human Resources, etc.

    www.soniadiaz.mx https://www.facebook.com/www.soniadiaz.mx/

Recent Profile Visitors

4,812 profile views
  1. Consulates use minimum wage. INM uses UMA. You will need your bank statements translated by a certified translator before you do anything. INM has two fees for the process. My web site covers this subject, re PR when one has not been a TR for a full 4 years. http://www.soniadiaz.mx/immigration---visas.html INM is PV is taking 3 weeks to process. I have an office in PV.
  2. Sonia


    Someone needs to do their research. Most cities in Canada have a lower murder rate than Merida. It has the same murder rate as Toronto. As well, in Mexico, it is estimated 90% of crime is not not reported and only about 2% goes through the justice system, meaning stats have even less value. It reminds me when someone states Ajijic has second best weather in the world.
  3. I know SRE in Queretaro where I am to submit citizenship applications is closed and when I asked when it may open I was told not this year.
  4. http://www.soniadiaz.mx/-employees.html
  5. All the INM covid exemptions have ended, unfortunately. From my FB which I posted today: The law says you may enter Mexico up to 55 days after expiration of a Temporary Resident visa. In reality, INM at point of entry will usually keep your expired visa and / or issue a FMM marked tourist unless you are able to convince them otherwise. If you enter as a tourist, the result is you need to start over, proving financials at a Mexican consulate. If allowed to enter and your FMM does not indicate tourist and you keep your expired card, you have 5 days to start the process at Inmigraci
  6. Sorry I just saw this. Teresa Sanchez represents me in PV and Riviera Nayarit. Email: marinvallarte@gmail.com. 322-303-2623. She is bilingual and great feedback from her clients.
  7. At least in San Miguel, and the rule exists with INM so it should be national, an expired FMM tourist card may be renewed with 3 fees. They total just over 3700 pesos. It is called regularization.
  8. I do not believe there is a time limit.
  9. To marry in Mexico, you need a valid FMM. The easiest place to marry is Mexico City as a gay couple. And to be sponsored by your husband again you need a current FMM. As to the process please read my web site under visas / family and marriage to a Mexican national. Your names must match 100000% on passports and marriage license. You obtain an apostle of your California marriage license. Then it is translated in Mexico by a certified translator. Next, register your marriage with Registro Civil. Finally, you apply at Inmigracion. It is easier than it sounds. I have more than 500 INM proces
  10. Consulates are not using UMA. INM in San Miguel uses UMA where applicable, such as a TR visa application after renewing an expired FMM.
  11. In San Miguel, I am obtaining every type of visa and expired FMM renewals in 4 hours or less. This includes consulate pre-approved visas, TR renewals, PR visas. A person, when prepared may renew an expired FMM in half a day and the following day have a TR visa for 1 to 3 years. https://www.facebook.com/www.soniadiaz.mx www.soniadiaz.mx
  12. It should not be an issue. In the same way I have has clients with fingers missing.
  13. Now in San Miguel and Riviera Nayarit, you may submit FMM renewal and any visa process (except a first visa with a consulate pre-approval) and you will have finger prints and visa all in same day. This is coming to all of Mexico. Expected later is the office will require appointments.
  14. INM is doing away with the need for infantile size photos. When one goes for finger prints and signatures they will also take your photo and eye scan. Once done, you leave with your visa. This is now in effect in San Miguel (and likely other INM offices) and in time throughout Mexico.
  15. Mexico does not require an onward ticket. If airline insists, buy a fully refundable ticket and cancel once on the plane. If one renews an expired FMM in Mexico, using humanitarian process, they may then apply for temporary resident.
  • Create New...