Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Ezzie last won the day on May 13 2015

Ezzie had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

93 Excellent

About Ezzie

  • Rank
  • Birthday 06/29/1952

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Municipio de Poncitlan, JAL
  • Interests
    Electronics, electrical, auto mechanics, building & remodelling, auto racing & rallying.

Recent Profile Visitors

4,204 profile views
  1. Maybe a bug got inside it?
  2. The roof sealants that are sold here vary greatly in quality and price. I am of the opinion you get what you pay for. The cheaper ones don't last very long and you need to continually recoat your roof. The best I have found is the 12 yr. Fester but at over $2000 pesos per 19 ltr. pail not cheap. I redid my roof with it about 7 years ago and it still looks great and no leaks. The white sealants reflect more sunlight and can make your house feel cooler in the hotter months.
  3. I have had a problem getting hot water to the kitchen sink. Problem is it is a long run of plumbing from where the hot water heater (propane - tank type) at the opposite end of the house. After researching solar hot water heaters, tankless instant heaters both gas and electric, etc.- I opted for an under sink "mini-tank" electric heater. Amazon Mexico have a nice one in-stock for immediate shipment from the warehouse in Guadalajara - the Bosch ES4 4 gallon heater. It uses 1440 watts (120 V) and has a 98% efficiency rating. Cost was $4,515 pesos with free shipping. Easy to mount and connect and was able to do it without getting a plumber. Turn on the tap and you get hot water in about 3 seconds. My wife loves it and is now much happier.
  4. We are not running out of water - just polluting it and moving it from its natural location (out of the water table) to other locations around the world. Think of the Earths eco-system as a closed loop system.
  5. Nothing to do with where your account is based - you can use your US or Canadian account on the Amazon Mexico site - just add your Mexican shipping address. When you are on the Amazon Mexico website, items that are located in the US or Canada (or other countries) which do ship to your Mexican address are identified by the word "Importacion" in the item description. If you purchase one of these, there is a shipping charge that includes the import taxes. If you want to avoid that, select a product that is in an Amazon Mexico warehouse - usually shipping is free, taxes included in the price and you will get it in 2-3 days.
  6. All you need is the plate#. Taking a past receipt is the easiest way - you just hand the previous year's receipt to the clerk and they do the rest. You do not need to be the registered owner to do the renewal.
  7. The town of Chapala is required by way of their extraction concessions with Conagua to test the water taken from their wells on a scheduled basis. The water is tested by Agua Jalisco and the test results are on file at the SIMAPA office in Chapala. If you are interested in seeing them, go in and ask to see them. I have "heard" also that Chapala has a bit of a struggle with arsenic levels in one or more of their wells but have never investigated it further because I don't live there. The wells I take care of east of Chapala are well below the maximum for allowable arsenic of 0.025 mg/l. (per NOM-127-SSA1-1994).
  8. The OP did not indicate what contaminants he/she is interested in testing for, so it can make a big difference where to get the testing done and the cost. Most homeowners are interested in determining if there is anything in the water that can make them sick in the short term - called microbiologicals. Typically the labs will test for coliforms which can cause intestinal disease/sickness. 2 tests are usually done - one for Total Coliforms and the other a subset of this called Fecal Coliforms. The results are expressed in units of UFC (colony forming units)per 100 ml. of sample water. Most of the local blood labs can do these tests for a modest cost but like the poster above stated, I would question the quality of what they do. Water organizations that extract and supply water from the lake or from wells are licensed to do so by Federal Water Authority (Conagua). These organizations usually are supplying water from private wells (such as a subdivision, municipal operated wells, industrial process companies manufacturing consumer products and agricultural farms producing food for downstream consumption. These entities are required by their extraction permits to test periodically to the Mexican standard NOM-127-SSA1-1994. This standard consists of testing methodology used to test the levels of up to about 32 different parameters. Agua Jalisco's lab does 28 different tests in 4 sub-categories on each sample of water from the municipal wells. These include "Analisis de Campo" - 2, "Gravimetria y Fiscoquimico" - 12, "Metales Pesados" - 12, and "Microbiologia" - 2. These tests are fairly expensive to have done and usually the lab technicians come to the site to take the samples to ensure integrity of sample taking. Conagua's limit on arsenic in drinking water is 0.025 mg/l and the local wells that I monitor for the community in which I live typically show only between 0.0025 and 0.0035 mg./l so not a huge concern in this area.
  9. Many Canadians (including me) live here full time and collect CPP and OAS. The only thing you won't qualify for is GIS payments (if you qualify). You can own a house in Mexico. It is none of the Canadian Gov't's business what you do in Mexico. What is it you want to know??
  10. The lab between here and Guad you are referring to will no longer take test samples from private systems. If you need the full spectrum (like what the municipal systems are required to do by Conagua), there are several options in Guadalajara for private labs.
  11. It has been almost impossible to get claims paid in the past anyway.
  12. The local farmers want the old ones. They cut them in half and they make wonderful watering & feed troughs for their animals.
  13. I built one for myself (4 x 6 mtrs.) and had a custom tarp to fit my steel "A" frame made by the guys that do truck tarps at the Abastos market in GDL. Cost was $5000 pesos and fit perfectly. It has been up for two years and still looks new. Their shop is on the west side of the Pemex station in the market area. Wide selection of colours and material types available.
  14. Exactly where are you referring - what road are you intending on travelling? You have to cross a few other states before you get to the State of Jalisco if you cross into Mexico at Pharr, TX.
  15. Might be less expensive to get a new registration as if it was a newly built trailer.
  • Create New...