Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Posts posted by cedros

  1. On 8/28/2021 at 3:43 PM, Bisbee Gal said:

    This has never failed me.  

     FYI, do not be tempted to make it stronger...if it is too strong they will not take the bait.  

    Place into 1-cup liquid measuring cup: 
    1/2 teaspoon boric acid powder 
    1 1/2 Tablespoons white table sugar
    Fill to 2/3 cup line with warm water
    Stir to dissolve completely.
    Dip half a paper towel folded a few times into roughly a 3 inch square in the liquid until saturated (but not dripping) and set on counter (or nearest flat surface to where you see them).  Put excess liquid in fridge to re-use.  The paper towel will dry out over night.  Discard and repeat with new paper towel and saved liquid until you see no ants.  Usually ants are gone in one or two days.  Liquid can be kept refrigerated for future use for at least a month.  

    I have used that Mixture for  years fairley sucessfully. I tried plagas spray and it is much more effective for me.  

  2. On 8/6/2022 at 9:20 AM, Mostlylost said:

    Verification in Jalisco: The reform to vehicle verification enters into force..........

    The adjustments to the bases of the vehicle verification program were published in the Official State Gazette and came into force. It was specified that the review is mandatory only for cars that are registered or those with a permanent stay in metropolitan areas or municipalities with more than one hundred thousand inhabitants , provided that they have vehicle verification centers.


    The 2020 census for: Chapala 55,196 Jocotepec 47,105       Ixtlahuacán 9,976

    Ocotlan has about 150,000. I say about as the census is rather slipshod

  3. On 8/6/2022 at 11:27 AM, Mostlylost said:

    Hopefully. Registration is your tarjeta de circulación that you re-new every year. 

    Again if you live in Chapala you should have registered your car with an address here. Thus you do not need the sticker as Chapala has fewer than 100k residents

    From the verification website

    "...Alfaro also specified that, although the scope of the Responsible Verification will continue to be statewide, it will only be mandatory for those who live in the AMG (Guadalajara metro zone) and in medium-sized cities and their metropolitan areas..."



    The only town Lakeside where verification is mandatory is Ocotlan as their population is over 100,000 and they have a testing center. It makes more sense now.

    • Like 4
  4. 4 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

    The simple way in any municipality is to politely ask the person in charge to call you when they receive them. Give then $100 peso bill so they can recharge their phone ,and wait for the call. 

    That is a foolish, difficult, and uncertain  way to do it,

    • Thanks 1
  5. 1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

    This is not the government..... it is a facilitator.  They don't have cards there. 

    You pay??  The INAPAM card is free.  so you need to pay someone else to do it for you when it is very easily done yourself. 

    Did they verify that there are cards available as of today in Joco ?  Or that if you give them their fee they will get it for you?

    At the government office you would need

     0fficial identification that also proves your age (0ver 60), like a passport or driver’s license, or your birth certificate; and

    If a foreign resident, you will also need to present  Residente Temporal or Residente Permanente residency permit  

    A utility bill or some other official document that shows your current address in Mexico. Most people use their telephone or electricity bill; this must be recent—dated within the last 2-3 months; and

    you’ll need to take along two photographs of yourself taken in the last month in the same size and format as those required for a passport or immigration permit: “infantil” size, front-facing, no glasses, no hats, and printed on professional photographic paper (self-printed photos are not accepted).

    You take these documents (as well as 2 photocopies of each) along with your photographs to your local government office dealing with INAPAM  

    The phones for the offices  Chapala 3767652849   3767653349

                                                  Jocotepec   3877630647

                                                  Ixtlahuacan 3767620421 

    Have you been to the Joco address I posted. Or would you rather do it the hard way?

  6. 2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

    The simple way in any municipality is to politely ask the person in charge to call you when they receive them. Give then $100 peso bill so they can recharge their phone ,and wait for the call. 

    That is not necessry in Joco as far as I know-maybe in the old days. You pay Maria Barbosa at Juarez Ote #136-as I posted earlier 

  7. I got mine in Jocotepec years go.-easy. Out of curiosity I stopped at the office in Jocotepec where I got my INAPAM card years ago. They said that they are are still doing it. M & B Services on Juarez Ote. #136

    They said you have to bring your CURP number, photo ID, 2 infantil photos, and utility bill

  8. On 7/23/2022 at 1:09 PM, Zeb said:

    I asked the landscaper about this issue and all he could suggest was a chemical.  I don't understand this as I am not the only person making this request.

    I suppose chemicals are an easier solution for a landscaper

  9. On 7/24/2022 at 6:54 PM, happyjillin said:

    Dog pizz burns grass. we have many flowers,butterflies and hummingbirds[no feeders] we enjoy watching and our gecko crew that eats insects. I ain't gonna foto our flowers just fer you the negative cedros of little knowledge which you have displayed here on many occasions.-SNORK!

    But where are the pictures of many flowers?

  • Create New...