Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southland

  1. Thanks RickS. I do see what you mean about assumptions and take that advisement about logic not coinciding with government laws and regulations. I will look again under the hood, but I am afraid this vehicle, though it is a premium class, and will meet all U.S. standards, probably will not have those DOT or EPA Emissions stickers. Thank you for your insights into the process of importing vehicles into the U.S.
  2. Thanks RickS. Maybe the below is a better orientation about the vehicle. Canada manufacturing assembles the luxury brands of Lexus and Acura. Mexico Acura imports directly from Canada, not from the U.S. The U.S. also imports Acura from Canada. I can't imagine a Canada assembled Acura exported to Mexico not meeting vehicle safety standards of the U.S. It was $50,000 usd when new. Of course, it does not and would not have EPA stickers or U.S. conforming statements on it because it never went to the U.S. in the first place. That does not mean it would not qualify; in fact, it exceeds some U.S. safety and emissions standards, for example having full-time running lights. Anyway, my question was for help to find a broker at the border. That broker might be able to tell me if an Acura, originally sold in Mexico and originally imported to the Mexican agency from Canada, is importable into the U.S. I'm not too good at the PM function or I'd send this to you directly. Thanks for any help.
  3. I have read some of the U.S. government postings on what is required, some of the fees. Does anyone know a suggested contact, or border crossover point, or agent to facilitate the processing of the car into the U.S.? Anyone familiar with this? Thank you.
  4. Thanks vetteforron. So if I read this right, you took the empty gun with you to an area near the army base. You packaged the gun securely so it was out of sight, and out of danger of falling out of its envelope or box perhaps/ A papeleria near Souriana's downloaded this form? http://www.gob.mx/sedena/acciones-y-programas/sedena-02-059 Does the above look like the form you turned in? They helped you to fill it out. You supplied immigration status card (residente permanente), passport, CURP, proof of domicilio (Telmex/CFE receipts). They at the army base instructed you how to go pay right there closeby the HOJA DE AYUDA PARA EL PAGO EN VENTANILLA BANCARIA, now around 85 pesos. Here is that e5cinco form used to pay (I hope): http://www.gob.mx/sedena/acciones-y-programas/sedena-02-062 The army personnel took the gun, processed the application, stamped it, gave back your gun, and now your gun was legal to bring back to and keep in your home. I guess I am wanting to know if sedena-02-059 is the application form to use. I will risk driving up there with the gun empty (in an envelope) and with my own application form filled out. Can you advise if that sedena -02-059 looks like the form to use? That will save me from making two trips. Thanks if you can steer me in the right direction to go ahead and proceed or if I am off course and need something more or different.
  5. Copying from Rolly's information, the below information would indicate two trips have to be made to the army base to register a gun. 1. The trip to pick up an application to fill out. 2. The trip back with the filled out application and the gun. Question: Any way possible to get ahold of the application paperwork without having to drive to NW Guadalajara to the army base just to get the application paperwork? Thank you, Notes from Rolly's column: Registering a gun You must fill out an application which you can get at any army base. In addition to the completed application, you will need your immigration document (or voter ID card if you are a citizen) and passport with copies, your CURP and proof of address. When you have all of this, you may then transport the weapon to the Army base for registration. The registration application is your permit to transport the gun to the base. The gun must be in a box or wrapped so that it is not visible. The approved application will serve as your carry permit on the way home. Thereafter, you must not take the gun out of the house without a special carry permit.
  6. Thanks for the replies. You both raised points I had considered. I also was looking for the government tables of importation duties, similar to the vehicle importation tables. Is there a table for motorcycle values, and is it 10% of the value like for vehicles? The problem I find is that MX bikes are high mileage (used for primary transport) but US bikes are often stowed in garages for a few years until they're sold. Thus, getting a used Texas motorcycle with low miles for $3,500 makes more sense than paying $7,500 here for a new one, if I can get it imported and plated for less than $1,000. I guess I am trying to get started with the nuts and bolts of importation of a motorcycle and having a hard time finding any info on the Internet. I am Permanent Resident status so I will need to import, pay the duty, register it in Jalisco. Also, besides Anuncios on the Internet, are other good websites available listing used motorcycles in Guadalajara? Thanks for the replies.
  7. Anyone have any information what customs duties would be on a motorcycle valued at $4,000? Are Suzukis importable from the States into MX? Thx.
  • Create New...