Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Orygun Duck

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Orygun Duck last won the day on August 31 2009

Orygun Duck had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

52 Excellent

1 Follower

About Orygun Duck

  • Rank
  • Birthday 10/18/1945

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Ajijic, Seal Beach, CA
  • Interests
    Home-brewing, oil painting, traveling, reading.

Recent Profile Visitors

7,460 profile views
  1. Your cousin appears to be quite a handsome dude. Apparently it doesn’t run in the family. 😉
  2. I hope a certain anti-vote-by-mail constituency doesn't get hold of this photo.
  3. Check Costco online. They have a stationary bike that is far sturdier than the ones available at Walmart. The model is similar to Schwinn brand available in the US. We have both, the Costco model in Ajijic and a Schwinn in the US. The one we bought at Costco a year or two back for around MP10,000 is a Proform bicicleta recumbente 325 CSX.
  4. I always went across the highway and formally did the paperwork to exit the country (for the record) both when I had a temporal and later when we got permanent visas. I was told it is required.
  5. Not to be overly pedantic, but Masque of the Red Death was published in 1842. Poe's writing career ended when he died seven years later. Any similarities to the Spanish flu of 1919 are coincidental. It still might be a worthwhile read.
  6. Nope. Sparrows. Thus the yakitori reference. The original recipe for “burned bird” called for sparrow. Tiny bones and all. I must thank the earlier poster, who solved not only my bird problem, but my ant and cockroach problems as well. 😉
  7. Like the Hitchcock film, my house seems unusually popular this year with the local sparrow community. I’ve tried a number of things (dangling CDs, plastic owls, owl cry recordings, etc) to try to discourage them from building their nests in the eaves above our veranda, but nothing seems to deter them. Perhaps my mistake was to have the eaves cleaned a couple weeks back (apparently the avian equivalent of urban renewal). Anyhow, does anyone have any ideas on how I might rid myself of these pests. (Any one interested in opening a yakitori shop)?
  8. I am curious as to which of the eight great chili recipes won the cook-off. This is the first time in the 10 years we’ve lived here that we’ve been able to attend. Have there ever been entries from beyond the Guad-Chapala region? Good fun and great food for a worthy cause. (BTW, how much is typically raised and how is it divided up?)
  9. At the risk of inciting the scorn of those on the board who are tired of this question, I wonder whether there has been any clear guidance on smog checks this year and where one might get one? Are most large dealers in Guad equipped to do the checks? (I did a search and couldn't come up with any recent posts of this issue. Sorry if I missed something.)
  10. I'm pretty sure that the Cocktail Bar in central Ajijic (Constitucion 32) will have the game on (in English). We had a great Rose Bowl Watch Party there on Wednesday. I'm guessing that local cable and satellite services will also carry the game as well, albeit in Spanish.
  11. Where is the registration office located and what is the deadline for payment of fees. AND, sorry to reopen old wounds, but will Jalisco be conducting car inspections this year and where locally? Thanks in advance.
  12. The QUACK CARTEL wishes to thank Rigo at the Cocktail Bar for providing a venue for our event. Food, drinks and ambiance were perfect for reveling in a DUCK victory on New Years Day. (and he had FIVE not four screens on which to watch the game).
  13. The Cocktail Bar will be open at 3 pm on New Years to accommodate WATCH PARTY attendees. Fans are encouraged to arrive before the 4 pm kickoff. Please RSVP to stevemoore45@earthlink.net or PM me. Still looking for BADGER backers.
  14. The "granddaddy of all bowls" will always be special. Not so the Las Vegas and Cheezit Bowls.
  15. We’ve heard from a number of DUCK fans but as yet none from Wisconsin. Can’t figure it out. Perhaps it’s due to memories of the 2012 Rose Bowl? No fun without some Cheeseheads!
  • Create New...