Chapala.com Webboard

2015 USA Social Security increase

My retirement funds took a huge 1.7% increase effective with my January payment. It could have been worse as the cost of oil has been dropping very quickly and killed the chance for a 1.8% increase.

As we did last year...our travel agent will a plan a trip from our home in Jocotepec to Roca Azul...all inclusive.

If you make it to Roca Azul, be sure to go down to the beach. If the lake isn't too high, you can reach it from the area by the lighthouse. My dog and I used to love that walk. Not so bad as vacations go...

And I too am grateful that Social Security is still around.

Social Security payments to retirees are funded out to between 2030 - 2035, depending on whose calculations are used.

Major factor to watch that affects Social Security Retirement Fund's future: If Congress would pay back their $200 billion a year borrowing from Social Security trust funds that Reagan started and Bush boosted, The payments to retirees would last even longer than 2035.

Key group to watch: The Congressional House Appropriations committee controls the $$ appropriated to pay back the $$trillions in debts owed to the Social Security Administration, so watch what they choose to authorize payments for. So far, there has been little interest and even less will to pay back what they borrowed from the Social Security trust funds.

The last president who promised to leave SS alone was Lyndon Johnson and the last one to insist it was protected in a "mythical Lock Box" was a VP under Clinton....if there is money to be moved from one account to another and never paid back....there have been no attempts by Republicans or Democrats to stop stealing and if I had money in an account and I could use it for anything I wanted to and never pay it back.....I probably would too....much to my shame!

Archived