Chapala.com Webboard

Carafe for a coffee maker

cedros

I cracked the glass carafe on my coffee maker today. Is there anywhere locally you can buy just the carafe or will I have to buy a new coffee maker?

More Liana you are right. I checked Walmart, Soriana, and Coppel and their replacement carafes don't fit. The selection of new coffee makers Lakeside isn't very good.

It seems every brand (and every model?) of coffee maker has a different size and shape of glass carafe. I couldn't find one for my coffee maker at the Notions store on the Ajijic plaza, at Barbara's Bazaar, Walmart, etc. A neighbour kindly gave me an extra one he had. So if anyone wants a Kitchen Gourmet 10 cup coffee maker without a carafe you are welcome to it.

After me and the house keeper cracking 3 over as many years on the unforgiving granite, I bought a all stainless vacumn carafe coffee maker by Cusinart in Texas 8 years ago and couldn't be happier. It makes great coffee as well and doesn't keep a coil on to keep it hot.

When I first moved down here I bought a coffee maker, but didn't use it right away. So it was months before I realized that it was missing the little cup bit which either holds a filter, or is a filter. Not sure, as it isn't there, and by the time I realized it wasn't there I'd forgotten where I purchased it. So, I still have the carafe if you can use it. It's a Hamilton Beech.

Thanks Tony. A neighbour gave me a Hamilton Beech coffee maker that he didn't need. The carafe from it doesn't fit my broken coffee maker which is a Kitchen Gourmet.

Archived