Chapala.com Webboard

Banks Accepting USD Checks?

JRPJR

Are any banks again accepting USD checks and, if so, with what restrictions, if any. I am particularly interested in knowing is the check is credited to the account based on the exchange rate on date the check is deposited or the date the funds are made available if there is a hold time.

Actinver has a sign up that they are taking USD checks.

Do you have to have an account at Actinver to deposit or cash a US check? A few months ago, they closed my maid's account where she was getting about $250 US 3times a year, because she needed to have something like $20,000 US in her account there. The only helpful financial institution was INTERCAM.

The customer rep, Alejandra, at CiBanco called me yesterday. They were accepting US checks to your account with them..2 days to clear and the exchange rate is based on the clearing date.

Does CiBanco offer a debit card? And if they do is there an ATM fee? I really like their location.

US checks is too broad. One is q check you've written to yourself. Another is a check written by someone else. Yet another is trying to deposit it into your U S Account with, for example, Actinver. The latter was refused to me a couple or three weeks ago.

Open an investment account with O'Rouke, across from WalMart. My last check only took 3 days and pays at the rate the day it clears and no fees

I have a checking account at CiBanco..deposited a check on Friday and funds were in my account today...2 BUSINESS DAYS TO CLEAR & no fees.

Archived