Chapala.com Webboard

Unexplained happening in Mexico

MtnMama

Yet another story of unexplainable happenings in Mexico and the kindness of Mexican people. My husband and I went to the Ixtlahuacán tianges today just for a look around and to stop by my favorite (Sunday only) hole-in-the-wall restaurant. We lived in Ixtlahuacán a few years ago and keep our post office box there. As we were leaving, a young woman ran up to us and said wait. She ran back to ??one of the stalls?? and brought back my US election ballot. She was in a hurry and didn't stop to explain why she had it or how she knew it belonged to me. Another of life's little mysteries I guess.

The ballot was late in arriving, so I had already accessed my ballot online, printed it, and taken it to LCS to be delivered in the diplomatic pouch. (They will take ballots until 15 Oct.) Just an FYI -if your ballot is late in arriving, you can go to Vote From Abroad.org. https://www.votefromabroad.org/

Wonderful story! Just one of the many reasons we are so fortunate to live in this Paradise!

My Absentee Ballot was mailed by a friend traveling NOB on Saturday!

Valerie :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mystery solved. Husband was finally able to talk to his favorite postal clerk. She saw us at the tianges, and remembered the letter which she knew had to do with voting so it was important. She ran to the Post Office (on a Sunday), got the letter and gave it to her younger sister who could run faster. Sister ran and gave us the letter. Husband only comes in once a week or so and she was afraid we'd get the ballot too late. Only in Mexico!

BTW, they have extended the deadline for getting your ballot into the diplomatic pouch until 27 October. Bring your completed ballot by the LCS office and make sure your vote gets counted.

Archived