Chapala.com Webboard

bags of concrete, sand - where to buy, cost

bdmowers

I'm in Seattle right now, so all I can tell you is that there are many hardware stores and it is very easy to by concrete, sand etc. For example across the street from Salvador's and El Torito, for example are three stores each which sell concrete.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. But it will be easy to find.

Materiales Lopez, on the mountain side of the carretera directly across from Farmacia Guadalajara.

A 'costal' (50 kilo bag) of cement should run from 100 to 125 pesos. They also sell in smaller

quantities, just tell them how many kilos you need. At the same time you buy your cement, tell them how

much sand (arena de rio) and gravel (grava), you need, pay for it, and they will direct you to their yard

directly behind the Pemex. To get to the yard, it's 1 block up Aldama (first street west of the Pemex),

on the right. Show the attendant your receipt, and they will bag and load it for you. Last time I was there,

sand and gravel was 25 pesos per 'costal'.

To the OP:

You cannot buy bags of concrete. Ever, anywhere. It's like calling a cake "flour". Concrete is the product that results from mixing cement, sand, gravel and water. Cement is slightly more expensive than mortar. If you are just doing a plastering project, you can use mortar and sand, as opposed to cement and sand.

To the OP:

You cannot buy bags of concrete. Ever, anywhere. It's like calling a cake "flour". Concrete is the product that results from mixing cement, sand, gravel and water. Cement is slightly more expensive than mortar. If you are just doing a plastering project, you can use mortar and sand, as opposed to cement and sand.

I do hope you'll forgive my use of the word "concrete" instead of cement. Really, I didn't mean it. I'm really sorry.

Materiales Lopez, on the mountain side of the carretera directly across from Farmacia Guadalajara.

A 'costal' (50 kilo bag) of cement should run from 100 to 125 pesos. They also sell in smaller

quantities, just tell them how many kilos you need. At the same time you buy your cement, tell them how

much sand (arena de rio) and gravel (grava), you need, pay for it, and they will direct you to their yard

directly behind the Pemex. To get to the yard, it's 1 block up Aldama (first street west of the Pemex),

on the right. Show the attendant your receipt, and they will bag and load it for you. Last time I was there,

sand and gravel was 25 pesos per 'costal'.

Great answer, puro guero, thanks a lot. I even live near there.

bd, Sorry, didn't mean to sound snarky- it's just that I find we often end up with a product, or work, that we didn't intend, if we use the wrong terminology, whether here, or NOB. Good luck with your project.

Thanks, mudgirl.

Archived