Chapala.com Webboard

wooden dowels - where to find

bdmowers

Looking for a variety of diameters of wooden dowels a meter long, particularly ones 1/4" or so in diameter. Haven't found them lakeside so they're probably in Guad, if anywhere. Anyone know a place for these there?

Dowels, molding and lumber cut to spec across the highway from Sorina in Chapala. Great guys and very accommodating.

Yes, I agree, a great place, great service like being in a real lumber yard of a hundred years ago (but with electric tools). They've made lumber for me to my specs many times. I've seen their standard 1/2" and 3/4" dowels. I need 1/4" dowels. Have they made dowels for you not in their usual inventory?

Here is a link from Google Maps to get an idea where it is. The lumber yard is in the lower level. Salvador is a wonderful guy.

Yes, thanks I know the place well.

We second them also, have bought dowels from them.

Yes, me too, in their standard sizes - 1/2', 3/4" and 1". Have they made dowels to your specs? I need dowels 1/4" diameter and at least a meter long.

The dowels Home depot carries are in metric size which are pretty close but not exactly the same. They are pine and not very good quality. They do carry a lot of different sizes.

Thanks, Cooper, I was afraid I'd have to go into Guad. But maybe I'll have to make the trip. Anyone else experience the dowels from Home Depot? What did you think of them?

bdmowers, what will you use them for if you don't mind me asking?

They will be part of a system for weaving. They won't need to be structural and will be doing light duty but do need to be integrous - not chipped, warped, etc.

Archived