Chapala.com Webboard

Still Looking for a Music Playing Opportunity

Dee Blues

Thought I'd give this posting another try. I am fairly new in the area am still searching for an opportunity to play in a band or group in the Ajijic or Chapala area. I've been playing with various bands in Bucerias and La Cruz de Huanacaxtle for several years. I have over 30 years playing experience with Variety, R&B, Blues or Rock bands in the USA and in Mexico. My main specialty is Blues. I also play a Bass guitar. I do some singing and can vocal with a lead singer. I have my own equipment and transportation. You can listen to some of my music on www.reverbnation.com/genedee

If interested, please respond to this posting. Thanks in advance for your response and/or consideration.

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. I've played 3 times with the 'Jam Band' at El Bar Co., but I'm trying to find permanence here. As the old saying goes, I'll have to 'keep on truckin' till then

Thank you for your response. I will try to contact the group at Adelitas. I thought about solo gigs before, tried it once but didn't feel easy doing it. I may need to revisit that again. Once again, thank you.

Seems to me there'd be a lot of folks lakeside that would enjoy hearing your kind of music. Solo sounds like a viable option to me.

Thanks,

I've always played in (or with) a band most of my musical life. I am now considering the solo approach and think it may be the best thing to do for me here. Playing solo requires a few more skills that I will need to adapt, but I think in the long run, it would be a great thing for me to do. Thanks so much for the reply and suggestion.... Hopefully, you'll be able to listen to my works, somewhere around here, 'live' in the near future.

They are doing an open mike at La Bodega on Wednesday nights, 8PM. Why don't you give that a try? If nothing else, you may meet some other players. This is the open mike that used to be at the Red Piano.

Thanks, I will give it a try & see how it goes....

The Tall Boys were looking for a bass player. Check past posts here.

Thanks Techy1... I did respond to their post when it was first placed on the web board, but I didn't have a Bass guitar then (I indicated that to them in my reply but did not receive a response back). While I was in the States last week, I purchased a new Bass and could fulfill their needs now. I will respond back to them and see where it goes.. Thanks again for your suggestion.

I play guitar. I'd like to get together just to play some blues just for fun and trade back and forth on some solos and to talk. It would be nice to make some friends in the music business. I won't be there until November. I've been playing professionally for many years and am currently teaching guitar in Wabash, Indiana.

I play guitar. I'd like to get together just to play some blues just for fun and trade back and forth on some solos and to talk. It would be nice to make some friends in the music business. I won't be there until November. I've been playing professionally for many years and am currently teaching guitar in Wabash, Indiana.

That sounds good to me. When you arrive here, let me know and we'll 'Blues it up' and see what we have. Thanks so much for the reply and I look forward to meeting you in November..

Archived