Chapala.com Webboard

Internet speeds

donnazor

Does anyone living west of Ajijicn, in or beyond Rancho del Oro, have an internet connection speed of 5 mgps or higher. Lots of people think they have high internet speed or are actually paying for speeds they don't have. It is easy to test your internet speed by going to www.Speedtest.net and running the test. I need to know if a high speed is possible west of town.
Thank you,
DonnaF

Telmex DSL in West Ajijic is generally lower speed due to distance to DSL phone switch. In Los Salvias which is behind sky gym I can only get 1.5 due to length of phone wire. Telecable offers up to 15 in West Ajijic. I assume you are talking about Telmex DSL service as Telecable cable service has much fewer limitations on it compared to Telmex DSL service. Telmex needs to put in repeaters for high speed to work in many areas west of sky gym/ Peter Pandaria area.

I am sure exceptions exist but DSL in West Ajijic is generally slower and Telecable cable modem service has fewer limitations. I have both and Telmex is more reliable than Telecable service at least here but I need high speed so Telecable it is with Telmex as backup service. Note Telecable has improved both its performance in Ajijic and they are much better in the office than they use to be. All things equal I think Telmex is a better service unless you can't get high speed like me.

Telmex DSL in West Ajijic is generally lower speed due to distance to DSL phone switch. In Los Salvias which is behind sky gym I can only get 1.5 due to length of phone wire.

I live up the hill in Las Salvias and get 5mb down with my $389 peso Telmex service as well as 10mb down and 1.5mb up with Telecable.

Hey LCScats I live two or three streets above you and am therefor farther away from where my a DSLAM card connects me to the internet (Ajijic Telmex office, 1,080 meters) and I regularly get

3720475135.png

Sorry for always showing this :) And LCScats, assuming your DSLAM card is also located at the Telmex office, you are even closer, maybe 850 meters from you DSLAM card, and should be getting great speed.

Now you are a techie and know your stuff. So I wonder why you are getting such a slow internet connection, while I living farther away, and above La Salvia get so much better service. There has got to be some mighty bad wiring somewhere near you.

Archived