Chapala.com Webboard

Is there a big difference in crosssing at Laredo on Sat.....

elevator

We have recently crossed on a Saturday on two occasions, the most recent being Tax-Free Weekend in the US. It was a very long line at 5:45 am (estimated 4 hours). The problem was that everyone (entering or exiting Mexico) forms on the same line, which wound to the restaurant at the far left of the building. Once to the MigraciĆ³n doors, only then did the line split (almost everyone heading out, us in).

The last time we crossed on a Saturday (in March) we crossed at about 4 pm. Much faster (maybe 1/2 hour.)

But Sundays and midweek traditionally are less busy. And if you are heading into Mexico, I think there's less truck traffic on a Sunday.

We agree, much better Sunday than Saturday but it depends on your energy level. It you plan ahead with water, snacks, a kindle or a book, crossword puzzle, etc. and then have the energy after spending all that time in line to drive to your stopping place for the night, then you can save the extra day on the RV. There is much less truck traffic on Sunday but then the truck traffic has never really bothered us that much.

Be sure to have your vet put two animals in each of your names, just in case. Mexico allows two ptes per person, but #5 will probably slide through. You will have to decide which one is to be #5, just in case. :010:

WE will be crossing with a gentleman named Sergio from Ajijic, who was recommended to us and will be transporting our stuff. I assume he could carry one of the animals with him? But, from everyone I've talked to they don't enforce pet per person. the large majority of the time.

Yes, Sergio can be used for one of the pets. I was not aware that the pets had to be put in someone's name, however. We have traveled to the U.S. and back with friends just so they could take their 6 dogs back and forth and no one asked for names though we did get questioned once for the papers.

We crossed at Laredo on the 1st Saturday in August. Never again! We had 2 dogs with us and there must have been 200 people in line. It was too hot to leave the dogs in the car so my wife and I had to trade off going through immigration and staying in the truck with the a/c on. 8 hours later we were on our way to Saltillo.

Mike

Archived