Chapala.com Webboard

Chiropractor

Youcha is the only licensed (USA and Mexico) chiropractor lakeside. He is a technician, extremely knowledgable and able. He is also licensed in Chinese medicine.

Youcha is an extremely knowledgeable, caring and talented chiropractor. He charged me $1000 pesos for first visit and $500 p thereafter. He also adjusts my dog (for less) and has dramatically improved her quality of life.

Need a reference for a chiropractor see how a dog patient reacts to him or her!

another chiropractor licensed lakeside

victor is excellent,

but you can also try

Alejandro Castaneda

Chapala

333-166-4617

150 pesos per visit

on privada degollada moves across street about year ago, on west side of street, ground floor

about 500 feet in Degollado second street north of main square, go 1 1/2 blocks east. if walking turn north on privada degollado up 500 feet office on west side of street

victor is excellent,

but you can also try

Alejandro Castaneda

Chapala

333-166-4617

150 pesos per visit

on privada degollada moves across street about year ago, on west side of street, ground floor

about 500 feet in Degollado second street north of main square, go 1 1/2 blocks east. if walking turn north on privada degollado up 500 feet office on west side of street

How is he licensed? According to a source, there are 4 licensed chiropractors in Jalisco, one here, Youcha, 2 in Guad and another outside of the lakeside area. There are only 3 chiropractic colleges in the entire country.

Alejandro Castaneda graduated from the chiropractico college in mexico city,

he aslo is a long distance swimmer, so you are going to someone is very healthy and lives the good lifestyle.

call him if you need additional information on his credentials.

when you visit him you may have to wait a little is very busy.

his office hours are on Tuesday and Saturday in Chapala, he lives in Ocotlan.

he speaks Spanish, little English, buts gets the treatment done.

been seeing him for over three years about once every two months.

I never trusted these folks until I met Dr. Victor. He constantly is continuing his education. He is extremely gentle. He pays his fees and taxes and is legal to practice in Mexico. He cares! He speaks fluent Spanish. Chiropractors should have a place in medicine even if folks get hateful about the issue. I would trust Dr. Victor with my life!!! I can't say that about many Drs. period. Remember like all folks half the folks in any occupation are below average. Dr. Victor is way above average in my opinion. Also do check out the credentials and history of any person giving you health care you might be surprised what you find.

Disclosure: I am good friends with Dr. Victor but he does treat my wife and I so we are customers also.

It's my understanding that Chiropractic as a profession was not officially recognized in Mexico until 1988 and it was only until then that Chiropractors in Mexico could get a cedula profesional-chiropractic license. Chiropractors that were practicing before 1988 were educated in other countries and practice legally in Mexico but in order to be officially recognized by the Mexican government they have to have their professional qualification "revalidated" to get a C.P. ( this May be why Dr. Castaneda doesn't have a C.P. ). It's not an uncomplicated process and since there are so few chiropractors with a C.P. It appears that many have not gone to the trouble to do that. It doesn't mean that they are practicing illegally. Some of our local chiropractors practice under a different licenciatura , like Dr. Heredia who has a medico cirujano ( general practitioner) license/cedula profesional. I think that Dr. Jaramillo might be another one like that but I'm not sure.

I believe that Dr. Youcha probably has the most education in straight up chiropractic out of all local chiropractors. I don't think there is a licenciatura in Chinese medicine here so no one is licensed in that but Dr. Youcha and others can still practice it legally.

• 3 weeks later...

victor is excellent,

but you can also try

Alejandro Castaneda

Chapala

333-166-4617

150 pesos per visit

Been calling him all afternoon and evening and no answer, does he do walkins? What exactly is the address?

Erik Phariss, chiropractor just west of San Juan Cosala is wonderful. Check out his website at totalhealth.mx

His charges are there, too: Spinal alignment using magnetic testing and Thompson/Moffet technique (adjustment only)

First time visit $500 MXN Return visit $300 MXN

The above with Polarity balancing, nutritional testing, organs and glands

First time visit $1000MXN. Return visit $400 MXN pesos.

His US cell ph which you could call with Vonage or Magic Jack is 831-535-9543. Local ph is 387-761-0570. Young guy with perfect English and perfect Spanish. He gave me a wonderful total body adjustment for $500 p.

Only three chiropractic colleges in the entire country. That should say something to ya.

Which might be....there are 3 chiropractic colleges in the entire country....?

When you go to Dr. Youcha you learn there are "chiropractors" then there are therapeutic chiropractors. Meaning that a therapeutic chiropractor will check your entire body and design a therapeutic program for you and do the work until it is done. Youcha will do acupressure, (gently and never naggingly) advise foods, advise exercises to help your body come to alignment, tell you new information about how the body works (did you know the bones in the body replace themselves every 2 years so that any work you do to realign your bones will be incorporated rather quickly?) and, of course, do adjustments to your bones. He works for the permanent solution. He is always reading new literature about the body and mind and works with you like a gentle mentor.

Other "chiropractors" (how were they trained? - with a 200-hour course or having learned 1 or 2 adjustments then received a certificate or in some other brief way, or did they do the 5-year course in a chiropractic college?) will give you an adjustment or two, some massage and you're out the door. Even in the US.

As a medical doctor, I recommend Dr. Youcha.

• He is very thorough in conducting a proper physical exam and in his approach to treatment
  • has an excellent CV and the appropriate credentials to practice here in Mexico as he did in the U.S.
  • maintains patient records electronically
  • maintains himself current in his area of expertise with literature and going to conferences (he's attending a training seminar this weekend in Mexico City)
  • has a solid base of knowledge in allopathic medicine
  • I have personal knowledge that he's a CHIROPRATOR'S chiropractor. (He's a Doctor's doctor)

Thus, he is not hesitant to refer potentially serious medical problems to the appropriate medical doctor when indicated, as I have observed him do in the 18 months I have been @ Lakeside.

And.......you get his great care topped off by his NY-style stand-up comedy routine while you get his treatments.

Under Sky Fitness gym on the Carretera going west out of center of Ajijic, on right side of road.

Carretera Pte. Chapala a Jocotepec, #25-F.

Phone 376 766 1973

If you don't know where Sky Fitness is, the Centro Chiropractico is just past Juarez, mountain side.

Archived