Chapala.com Webboard

The best translation app - "iTranslate Voice" by Sonico GmbH

The best app for verbal multilingual communication that I have ever seen is now on sale for $1.99 on the Apple App Store. The app has amazing voice recognition and is set up for a conversation. Tap the English button and speak normally. It then translates to the other selected language. It shows the text of what was said in both languages and reads the text in the language that one is translating too. Very accurate voice recognition, many languages and all for $1.99. Wow. I am not sure if this is available on the play store but anyone on iOS should go buy this app. AMAZING. Only downside is that it needs an Internet connection to function.

"iTranslate Voice" by Sonico GmbH. $1.99 USD

http://appleinsider.com/l/?link=https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itranslate-voice-translator/id522626820?mt=8

That does sound interesting... could come in handy!

Have you translated using it, and is it easily understood by someone who speaks spanish? I'd be interested to try that out and see what those who speak spanish think of the translation!

Thanks for sharing!!!

The best app for verbal multilingual communication that I have ever seen is now on sale for $1.99 on the Apple App Store. The app has amazing voice recognition and is set up for a conversation. Tap the English button and speak normally. It then translates to the other selected language. It shows the text of what was said in both languages and reads the text in the language that one is translating too. Very accurate voice recognition, many languages and all for $1.99. Wow. I am not sure if this is available on the play store but anyone on iOS should go buy this app. AMAZING. Only downside is that it needs an Internet connection to function.

"iTranslate Voice" by Sonico GmbH. $1.99 USD

http://appleinsider.com/l/?link=https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itranslate-voice-translator/id522626820?mt=8

This one seems fairly good, and comes with Spanish. Other free apps require you to pay for the language. It is actually free on Google Play, and is still called iTtranslate Voice. And after testing, it seems to be our version of Spanish.

I have several free Translate programs on my Android tablet, but each of them require payment to get a language. Is iTranslate the same?

I downloaded it Saturday andI I am really impressed with how well it works. Also, because of the way it's setup you can actually have a conversation using it. Provides both a written and verbal translation, Offers Spanish, American Spanish, and Mexican Spanish choices. Muy bien!

I have used Bing Translator on my Lumia 520 Windows phone and it has:

Camera translation – Translate signs, menus, newspapers, or any printed text with your device's camera in an instant.

Bing Translator is your companion when you need to overcome the language barrier. Use your camera, voice or keyboard to enter text you want to translate. Use Bing Translator on-the-go, even when you don't have an Internet connection.

Text translation – Type and translate text into more than 40 languages.

Voice translation – Translate by speaking into your phone. Voice translation requires a network connection.

Text to speech – Hear translations spoken with a native speaker's accent. Text to speech requires a network connection.

Offline translation – Translate when you are not connected to the Internet and when you want to avoid expensive data roaming charges, by using downloadable offline language packs.

Word of the Day – Improve your vocabulary by pinning the Translator to your Start screen.

Pin each mode to your Start screen and jump straight to translating in a single tap.

Copy and paste or use your keyboard to quickly enter the text you want to translate.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used Bing Translator on my Lumia 520 Windows phone and it has:

Camera translation – Translate signs, menus, newspapers, or any printed text with your device's camera in an instant.

Bing Translator is your companion when you need to overcome the language barrier. Use your camera, voice or keyboard to enter text you want to translate. Use Bing Translator on-the-go, even when you don't have an Internet connection.

Text translation – Type and translate text into more than 40 languages.

Voice translation – Translate by speaking into your phone. Voice translation requires a network connection.

Text to speech – Hear translations spoken with a native speaker's accent. Text to speech requires a network connection.

Offline translation – Translate when you are not connected to the Internet and when you want to avoid expensive data roaming charges, by using downloadable offline language packs.

Word of the Day – Improve your vocabulary by pinning the Translator to your Start screen.

Pin each mode to your Start screen and jump straight to translating in a single tap.

Copy and paste or use your keyboard to quickly enter the text you want to translate.

Is this for android phones? Better than Google Translate?

You can get it for free at Google play for an Andorid device.

Is iTranslateVoice just for verbal translating or does it do good typed-in translation too? Better than Google Translate?

Archived