Chapala.com Webboard

TELECABLE changes coming Friday

We have Telecable Basico, which presently has about 60 channels. Last week, we received a letter announcing a change to 90 channels, effective 1 August. It will involve a total change to the channel line-up, so your favorite channels will be in new locations. If you did not get the notice, it might be a good idea to visit Telecable before the weekend and ask for the new channel announcement.

I remember maybe 14 years ago, that no one had such a list, explaining what all the channels were. I also remember the many hours it must have taken for one person who posts here to complete the list and place it on this forum all those years ago. That person, of course, was RVGRINGO.

I again thank you for this effort RV. Luckily, these days the Cable Company often publishes such a list.

I looked at the brochure in my bill and the new channels are:

13 C7

20 Comedy Central

52 Disney Junior

55 Nick Jr.

59 ESPN 3

64 TVC Platino 2

72 Mundo Fox

74 TBS

76 TLC

82 Canal Judicial

83 Canal 44 de UDG

88 H2

89 I-SAT

91 Canal 22

92 TVU UNAM

93 local

We are getting several more English channels.

http://www.telecable.net.mx/tvBasicoCanales.aspx?order=1&id=1

Thanks for mentioning this as I was about to toss the envelope that included the flyer with the new lineup. It looks like (possibly) the US Network feeds from NYC (that we sometimes get) will be migrating to 84-87. Maybe.

Not sure why you think we'll be receiving several more English channels Joco. Did you read that somewhere?

I am getting a message on my TV screen that Shaw Direct is changing their lineup, too. I think it's happening this Friday. Coincidence or competition or is it international Let's-Confuse-Our-Clients month?

Thanks for mentioning this as I was about to toss the envelope that included the flyer with the new lineup. It looks like (possibly) the US Network feeds from NYC (that we sometimes get) will be migrating to 84-87. Maybe.

Not sure why you think we'll be receiving several more English channels Joco. Did you read that somewhere?

I'm guessing that the usual U.S. channels like TBS and TLC will have more English and Comedy Central that is on digital is mostly English programming.

I went by on Thursday to pick up the new channel line-up at the Riberas office and they were out. Manana. Checked the TV this morning and cannot find CNN - one of the main reasons I subscribe. (Perhaps it's moving to channels 14 or 15 which are currently blank). NYC channels have indeed migrated to 84-87. More fun reprogramming my remote.

I went by on Thursday to pick up the new channel line-up at the Riberas office and they were out. Manana. Checked the TV this morning and cannot find CNN - one of the main reasons I subscribe. (Perhaps it's moving to channels 14 or 15 which are currently blank). NYC channels have indeed migrated to 84-87. More fun reprogramming my remote.

I posted the channels earlier.

http://www.telecable.net.mx/tvBasicoCanales.aspx?order=1&id=1

Prayer. (Telecable office in Riberas still has no new line-up. Update of Website to reflect new channel assignments could be weeks away. Best option is to go to the Riberas office and take a photo of the new line-up. I was just there and didn't think of it till I got home. Duh!)

The website posted above can be printed with the new line-up.

Most TV sets will benefit from selecting MENU and AUTOPROGRAM to get all the new channels. Some will then require that you go to each channel and select SAP; others will do it for all channels through a menu option to change languages. Yes, there are more English options, if you have SAP capability (Secondary Audio Programming), including the cartoon channels, History, Discovery, etc.

As of 4 PM Friday, that was the old lineup which is very different than the new lineup Not only are there about 20 new channels but many channels that were on the old list can be found somewhere else on the new lineup. I can not find a printed list on line anywhere yet, that shows the new lineup. For example CNN which was and still is shown as being on channel 13 is now on channel 80

EDIT: I've reprogrammed my TVs to search for new channels and so far so good. Oh and at first glance there seems to be a higher % of English language programs. And right now the highest channel I'm getting is channel 92

Sorry, it's sideways. I simply followed instructions. You need a rest. Lay down to read it. (I'd be happy to send a copy to anyone who PMs me. Note: On my TV, auto program assigns the channel numbers ONLY and says there is no program info available to identify the channel.

Here it is; the most popular channels with some, or all English programming if you have SAP capability on your TV:

2 TV GUIDE 21 ST UNI
22 GOLDEN 23 EDGE
24 PLATINO 25 TNT
37AXN 38 FOX
39 SONY 40 WB
41 DISCOVERY 42 NAT GEO
43 HISTORY 44 H&H
48 DISNEY 49 DISNEY XD
56 FOX NEWS 57 ESPN
59 ESPN 3 64 PLATINO 2
67 SPACE 68 UNIVERSAL
69 FX 74 TBS
75 A&E 76 TLC
77 INFINITO 78 ANIMAL PLANET
79 BIO 80 CNN
84 CBS 85 NBC
86 FOX5 87 ABC
SPANISH: 3-20, 26-36, 45-47, 52, 54, 55, 58, 60-63, 70-73, 81-92.
65 FILM ZONE 66 CINEMAX 50 BOOM 51 NICK 53 CARTOONS

If anyone is watching right now, check out channel 89 and tell me what language they are speaking. It's not Spanish German, English or Dutch. Does anyone know? I don't.

The commercials etc are in Spanish

Edit: It's 6:30 PM and it's now in Spanish

Archived