Chapala.com Webboard

Animal Cruelty Contact

Ecologica - second floor of the Municipal building in Chapala. It is in a small office off to the left 765-8025. I was just there last week.

They also have an email address ecologica-municipal1215@hotmail.com.

I sent an email first but got no response so went down there in person.

Went there and they said to file a report with the police, so we did, police said if people are not home there is nothing they can do.

People at the home left 4 dogs to fend for themselves for 2 weeks, no food and no water, one dog who is very old is so thin and his sides are hanging out, like a big sore, we cannot get any water to them it is too far of a drop, we can see a bucket but it is empty and we can't get to it. This is so sad. Renter in the house is a Dr. of some sorts if you can believe that.

I got a different response. They said they would be out the next day. Apparently it is the Bomberos who are responsible for animal rescue and this info came to me via The Dog Ranch.

Got a call into the Bomberos also but no one is home, they went to the beach for 2 weeks so wonder what they might be able to do. We just found out that there is a cat in the house also and it can hardly meow anymore it is getting so weak.

We contacted a neighbor with adjoining roofs and he went up on the roof with a hose and filled their bucket, hope he keeps it up. Poor dogs drank forever.

Also got these Guadalajara numbers so we are working on calling them to see if they have a contact in Chapala.

3798-4503

SO hopefully we will have more news.

No response from the Bomberos and we had someone that spoke Spanish call them so there would be no problems.

We have managed to get a little bit of food to them yesterday and today, the cat inside the house can hardly make a sound now, wished it could get out of there.

When these people get home I am going to get a bunch of neighbors together and really give it to them.

Office contacted the owner and he said there are no dogs on the property. The people have lived there 4 or 5 years and usually they only leave them for a week each summer. Can't believe the owner doesn't know there are 4 dogs there.

Does a maid goes in or a gardner? Animals would be dead without water for 2 weeks so someone has to be giving them at least water or there is water on the property. Something is off if the owner says there are not dogs, the whole thing does not make any sense.

Also the bomberos have to be around, again it does not make sense that no one at the firehouse answer.

I know they never came when I called them to say there was a fire accross the street so everything is possible but they cannot be gone for ever.

Please ask Dr. Pepe for help. He is so kind-hearted and I am sure he will know what to do about this hideous situation. I bet he will be able to help. I don't know what to do but am willing to give some money to support them with Dr. Pepe if he can get them out of there. This is heart-breaking.

Does a maid goes in or a gardner? Animals would be dead without water for 2 weeks so someone has to be giving them at least water or there is water on the property. Something is off if the owner says there are not dogs, the whole thing does not make any sense.

Also the bomberos have to be around, again it does not make sense that no one at the firehouse answer.

I know they never came when I called them to say there was a fire accross the street so everything is possible but they cannot be gone for ever.

Not a spec of grass or green, so gardener not needed, this is a MX family so there is no maid. The neighbor got them water and we are trying to throw food through the fence. The cat cries from inside the house all the time, wished it would save its energy.

The owner must be oblivious to what is going on at the home, he might not live near.

The bomberos did answer, they never showed up.

I am calling Gudrun today, then if not Pepe.

Gudrun is very good at figuring things out, so it is a rental and the owner do not want to know anything? Maybe Pepe could speak with him and get him to intervene. What a bad situation. Hopefully the animals can survive unil someone can get to them. I always makes me angry when people are so cuel and

irresponsible, pretty disgusting. The problem is that if the dogs get aken away they will get more

puppies to replace them. It is a never vicious circle.

Owners of the dogs just showed up, she says her brother came and fed and watered the dogs, cat and ferret everyday, we told her no he did not, the dogs have been out of water for more than a few days. She said she would talk to him, what good that will do.

She also said the old dog has cancer so I guess they are just letting him die, still sad. But at least when they are home we know the dogs are fed everyday, we hear them.

Archived