Chapala.com Webboard

Resistence/Endless Pool

I'm considering installing an endless pool (not necessarily that brand) and wonder if anyone has experience with one of these in this area.

I am limited on space but swim regularly for exercise. Most of the time I'll be the only one using the pool.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

We installed an endless pool in our old home NOB and then almost never used it - we did aquacise in the pool but found that swimming against the current that was generated, became really uncomfortable after a couple of minutes. It buffeted the face, eanrs and shoulders too much.

Haven't seen or heard of any such type pool SOB.

My husband installed a swim against the current feature for me in our therapeutic pool. I used an Endless pool feature on a cruise and loved it. The head is rectangle and the unit has adjustable speeds that you can switch while in the water and turn it on and off while in the pool. I totally recommend that square/rectangular head because the head we have is round and it's similar to swimming against a fire hose. I actually don't use the feature much. We have fun playing in it but we don't use it much for lap swimming. I don't like that force on the top of my head and you have to be really careful with your speed and position or you'll get out of the current but I should get the goggles out and use it anyway. If someday we can change it to and Endless pool style head, I would do it.

I have heard that there was an expat that somehow rigged up a hoist in his pool and was able to position himself in one spot to swim "laps," sometimes I've considered that as a better option.

Maybe try aqua jogging first. The flotation belt keeps you upright, you jog - zero impact- with your arms and legs. You can also do stretching, yoga, etc. while like floating in outerspace (just guessing!). Wear a heart rate monitor when you are just beginning so you don't over or under do it. There is a great endocrinologist who goes to Integrity clinic - he is in his sixties, totally into fitness, and will recommend diet/herbal supplements which you can trust.

Jurgens, the pool guy in Handy Mail may know about this. He seems up on technical and engineering challenges.

I looked at a pool a few years ago in El Limon where the owner had a regular pool. He had a belt or harness that the swimmer could wear. This belt had two longish stretchable attachments that were connected to the fence at one end. They could swim without moving anywhere and no pump required. I never saw it in operation but it sounded interesting.

We installed an endless pool in our old home NOB and then almost never used it - we did aquacise in the pool but found that swimming against the current that was generated, became really uncomfortable after a couple of minutes. It buffeted the face, eanrs and shoulders too much.

Haven't seen or heard of any such type pool SOB.

Hydropool manufactures them. They have a store in the Interlago Plaza.

Archived