Chapala.com Webboard

Water problem in Chapala

Rony

Some of you might have noticed that, since yesterday we have not been getting any street water in Chapala. Several Mexican friends of mine told me that this is due to a major leak and that most of Chapala, if not all, is without street water. This morning, I saw the people from the water company working in front of cafe Paris, near the plaza.

I just wanted to share this with you, so that in the next hours, we can all be extra careful with the usage of water (as we don't know how long this might last). You don't want to have an empty tinaco or aljibe now.

Rony

apparently, since a few minutes, problem solved. I see the water flowing again.

We didn't get water delivery at our casa in Riberas this afternoon.

We had to drain our aljibe so our plumber could work on the sump pump and now we have no water, again.

Our plumber called his contact at Simapa and the guy said there was a water main problem so they cut our water; great.

Our pool is more than just for swimming, it's also a source of water for flushing toilets.

Oh and since our pool filter needs repair and Carlos was supposed to come today but he didn't, our pool is turning green.

Just another day with a black cloud (theoretically) over this house LOL ... actually not that funny.

Archived