Chapala.com Webboard

The TallBoys Band - Auditions for Bass Player

The TallBoys Band is holding auditions for a new bass player. If you sing in tune and play bass, we are interested in setting up an interview. Even if you are a single mother it doesn't matter. We can deal with it. We've been through a lot. There are some qualifications but not strictly enforced. Listed below are a few things you will need in order to qualify. As time goes on, we will try to keep the list updated.

1. amp and bass

2. small electric refrigerator, preferably mounted on a piano dolly for portability

3. your own small throw rug for naps in between sets.

4. a good running van.

5. a nice Hawaiian shirt. If not, a Tee shirt with a picture of Don Ho

6. must be able to stay out past midnight.

This is just a sample list. If you qualify for 2 out of 6, we're still interested. We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide on the job training. Hope to hear from you.

The TallBoys Band

The TallBoys Band is holding auditions for a new bass player. If you sing in tune and play bass, we are interested in setting up an interview. Even if you are a single mother it doesn't matter. We can deal with it. We've been through a lot. There are some qualifications but not strictly enforced. Listed below are a few things you will need in order to qualify. As time goes on, we will try to keep the list updated.

1. amp and bass

2. small electric refrigerator, preferably mounted on a piano dolly for portability

4. a good running van.

This is just a sample list. If you qualify for 2 out of 6, we're still interested. We are an equal opportunity employer and will provide on the job training. Hope to hear from you.

The TallBoys Band

OK, let's see:

Your item # 1 - I'm a fantastic (68 yr old) guitar player, can play bass too! (but I don't have one), but I do have a 60W Blues Deluxe amp! (I guess that eliminates 1/2 of item #1).

Your item # 2 - I have a CostCo freezer bag: does that qualify??

Your item # 3 - I'm old enough where I can sleep standing up. OK, for #3!

Your item # 4 - I have a good running van - really!!

Your item # 5 - I'm from Bucerias (Near Puerto Vallarta) so Hawaiian shirts are the dress of the day - I FULLY QUALIFY FOR THIS ITEM!!

Your item # 6 - Wife totally agrees that this is a good item!!

Seriously, I am interested!! Let me know....

OK, let's see:

Your item # 1 - I'm a fantastic (68 yr old) guitar player, can play bass too! (but I don't have one), but I do have a 60W Blues Deluxe amp! (I guess that eliminates 1/2 of item #1).

Your item # 2 - I have a CostCo freezer bag: does that qualify??

Your item # 3 - I'm old enough where I can sleep standing up. OK, for #3!

Your item # 4 - I have a good running van - really!!

Your item # 5 - I'm from Bucerias (Near Puerto Vallarta) so Hawaiian shirts are the dress of the day - I FULLY QUALIFY FOR THIS ITEM!!

Your item # 6 - Wife totally agrees that this is a good item!!

Seriously, I am interested!! Let me know....

Aren't you the one that posted about playing a few weeks ago and I think computerguy told you about Tallboys...memory not so good but ears still fine. You posted a link to some of your stuff some original and some covers. I was very impressed and I am a music lover from WAYback. You should post that link again so ppl can support you. Good luck.

Aren't you the one that posted about playing a few weeks ago and I think computerguy told you about Tallboys...memory not so good but ears still fine. You posted a link to some of your stuff some original and some covers. I was very impressed and I am a music lover from WAYback. You should post that link again so ppl can support you. Good luck.

AjijicSolomon,

Sorry to get back to you so late. Thanks for your response and kind words. I re-posted again and it seems that folks are listening to these tunes I created some 5 years ago. I am still looking in this area of Chapala & Ajicjic. I've attended 2 jam nights at El Bar Co, met some good contacts but I think this time of the year is pretty tough to find anything around here. Well as they say, keep on trying. Once again, thanks for your support & interest. I hope you like my tunes. I have lots more music I've written, but no recording studio available. Thanks again and take care...

• 1 month later...

1. amp and bass

4. a good running van.

The TallBoys Band

MusicDoc,

I replied to your Bass Player inquiry back on July 16th. At that time, I did not have a Bass guitar, but have purchased a new Bass in the states last week. If you have not found a Bass player replacement yet and are still looking, I am still interested. Let me know.... Thanks

Archived