Chapala.com Webboard

Translator - Fluent in both English & Spanish

Thank you, Linda! I know Gisela personally, I have used her excellent translation services for small groups, and in one-on-one situations.

I can highly recommend her.

I'm sure this young lady is excellent, and for nearly all translating needs, will do a wonderful job. And it's obvious she needs all the support she can get so I hope this posting leads to lots of work for her!

However, there are times when the recipient of the translation (be it to English or to Spanish) requires that the item in question be certified by an official state translator (Perito Traductor). Court documents, some immigration issues, probate documents, some bank documents, etc. would be in this category. In those instances, Linda's translations might be perfect but they will not be accepted.

For those cases, I am Certified; also, at least two lawyers in Chapala (maybe more) and some (all?) Notario Público offices.

I am a Perito Traductor (official approved translator) with the State Judicial Council and the Municipality of Guadalajara. Notaries are not official translators although Jorge Luis Ramos used to be and Sergio Macias is currently and the wife of Luis Enrique is (she also is a Dutch translator!).

For civil and criminal cases in the courts, immigration as well as the civil registry in Chapala you need a translator who is a perito approved by the State Judicial Council or Supreme Tribunal

For getting married in Guadalajara or registering a child there you need to be a perito approved by the municipality, they will not accept State Court translators, makes no sense but that is why I submitted my papers to get on their list. Keep this in mind as many hire translators who aren´t approved (or are not approved for that type of transaction) and then at the last minute find out. Always ask the government entity you submit the translation to what type of perito or expert they require.

I am a Perito Traductor (official approved translator) with the State Judicial Council and the Municipality of Guadalajara. Notaries are not official translators although Jorge Luis Ramos used to be and Sergio Macias is currently and the wife of Luis Enrique is (she also is a Dutch translator!).

For civil and criminal cases in the courts, immigration as well as the civil registry in Chapala you need a translator who is a perito approved by the State Judicial Council or Supreme Tribunal

For getting married in Guadalajara or registering a child there you need to be a perito approved by the municipality, they will not accept State Court translators, makes no sense but that is why I submitted my papers to get on their list. Keep this in mind as many hire translators who aren´t approved (or are not approved for that type of transaction) and then at the last minute find out. Always ask the government entity you submit the translation to what type of perito or expert they require.

Better said than I did, Spencer. You and I are on the same list in Guad.......along with another Chapala lawyer who is authorized for French as well as English and Spanish.

• 1 month later...

No argument about anything you report, here, Spencer, except that yesterday I went to Immigration to confirm their requirements for peritos traductores. You state (above) that they require State Judicial Council (Supreme Tribunal) translators.

Not so, according to the Jefe, with whom I checked directly. They are perfectly happy with perito tranductores (translators) approved by Ayuntamiento de Guadalajara.

Only posting this to clear up any questions for persons needing translation work with regard to Immigration.

Yes they also accept Guadalajara municipal translators, which I am as well, sorry to not be clear.

Wasn´t meant that way but now thread revived and people will read it.

I have referrals for French in Guadalajara and if it is not a rush can help getting things back and firth

"Translation" refers to written work.

"Interpretation" refers to spoken work.

Why is the original post not considered to be an advertisement? Just curious--I know people who have been suspended from posting because they posted ads, yet this one is still here.

Natasha who is authorized for French?

There are several names on the list from the Guadalajara office, but I only know of one who for sure is in Chapala.

Carlos Herandez Del Toro (lawyer) is authorized for both English and French.

Thank you I have several names in Guadlajara for Frenh but I was checking if there was someone in the Chapala area.

I did not know Del Toro spoke French although I spoke with him several times, it is good to know .Thanks you.

"Translation" refers to written work.

"Interpretation" refers to spoken work.

Why is the original post not considered to be an advertisement? Just curious--I know people who have been suspended from posting because they posted ads, yet this one is still here

Probably because what is good for some is good for her (Gisela Morales) too. Just to name a few: a lawyer, doctor, solar sales person. I know they have been tolarated because they are helpful so, in ALL cases, no harm done.

I called her to make an appt. I told her we could pick her up since we were going through SanJuan, she argued with me about where we could pick her up. Made me feel belittled.

So a week later I decided to cancel and use someone else, I gave her a couple of days notice, her kid or someone's kid was screaming in the back ground so bad I could hardly talk to her.

I am not sure about this one.

Archived