Chapala.com Webboard

Help with my grill

elpind

I have a grill in my back yard hooked up to my main gas supply for the house. I can not seem to get the grill as hot as I would like it. I ran a separate gas supply to the grill with a larger regulator hoping more gas would make the flames larger. This did not help.

Does any body know where, in Chapala, I can bring my grill to get it checked out or does any one have any suggestions on what I might do. By the way this is one of those Mexican made grills not a weber etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

The grill probably came with a regulator to be used with the small tanks.

If you have hooked it up to your main propane tank then you must REMOVE the regulator that is on the grill. Why? Because you already have a regulator on your main tank. Two regulators make for tiny flames, low heat and prolonged cooking times. Been there, done that.

I hope this a quick solution to your problem...any plumber/gas guy can do this for you.

I too had that problem and went around and around with Webber and their "service department" - finally after many disapointing bar-b-ques I removed the regulator at the tank that was supplied with the Webber and the flame size and heat improved. I was directed to a hardware store on the hillside in the west end of Ajijic that had everything I needed to remove the regulator and put it back into a safe operating condition with no possibility of leaks. The plumber who originally installed the bar-b-que used hose clamps on the propane line. Dont forget also that you are a mile in the air here and cook times are effected by altitude.

Archived