Chapala.com Webboard

Residency Letter

I need to get a letter of residency from Chapala city hall. What paperwork do I need to take with me? I know I need a picture. I do not get any original bills in the mail where I live and can only get copies on the internet. This is why I need the letter to renew my driver's license.

Thank you.

I can't remember exactly what I had to bring, but it's the usual assortment of stuff. Passport, Immigration card, a utility bill (Telmex or CFE) that shows your address. If the bill isn't in your name, bring copy of the lease agreement. You go upstairs to the Secretaria General to get it done. I had to come back the following day to pick it up because the person who signs them wasn't there the afternoon I dropped off my stuff.

A constancia de domicilio should not need a foto but just about all the rest of your ID. They may not like that you have no original bill either? Witnesses and/or lawyer help?

My wife just got one because none of the bills has her name on it. ($%&/()ic CFE said to put her name on the bill, I would have to open a new account--good grief!). We took the deed to our house, our marriage certificate, her CURP, passport and immigration card. None of it needed. Just told the lady what our address was and she prepared to document.

When i needed the residency letter/statement to get my Jalisco driver's license because all i had was a CFE bill in my landlord's name and a Telmex bill in his name, i had to go to the Municipal Building in Joco (where i live). And guess what they wanted to see to give me the residency letter/statement. Yep, they only wanted to see the CFE bill and/or the Telmex bill. "Will it go round in circles?" Oh, yeah.

Archived