Chapala.com Webboard

Internet service for Santa Cruz de la Soledad

Sandrita

A friend gave me a name of a place and phone # which I have misplaced.

I think the company name is, Spider Net, or something like that, and the 1st 3 #s for the landline are: 765. I am asking for a friend who cannot get Telmex service at his ranch in Santa cruz.

If anyone has any info about this I would appreciate hearing about it.

TIA

Hi,

It is : 7654921, with an office behind the locksmith on Morelos (Chapala).

I am still pretty satisfied with their service.

Rony

Thanks for the info Rony, do you know the name of the company?

Yes, as you said, it is Spiderweb....... they are also on Facebook.

Spiderweb - we use their wireless service and find it to be much better than HughesNet satellite internet. Phone number in Chapala is (376) 765-4921. They have just raised their monthly fee, it is now 249 (or 250?) pesos/month.

I am told that they also have an office on the main plaza in Santa Cruz, but I have never been there.

To find their office in Chapala - as you are facing the locksmith's store (the one with the big key cut out hanging over it) -- you walk in through the garage to the right of the locksmith, jog left though a room, and continue on through an open courtyard/lawn to the back of the building, where you will see 2 doors, one of which has the Spiderweb office in it. Nice people. They speak a bit of English.

• 8 months later...

Is anyone that uses Spiderweb pay for their service via on-line banking? I tried to pay them with on-line banking and their account keeps getting rejected and they never get paid. We had a little disagreement/misunderstanding as they thought I was trying to pull a fast one with them. They claim that there is only one other client that pays them on-line. Just wondering if anyone else may have had a problem with them.

Is anyone that uses Spiderweb pay for their service via on-line banking? I tried to pay them with on-line banking and their account keeps getting rejected and they never get paid. We had a little disagreement/misunderstanding as they thought I was trying to pull a fast one with them. They claim that there is only one other client that pays them on-line. Just wondering if anyone else may have had a problem with them.

I know that you can also pay a lot of months in advance with them,..... if that would be any help.

We pay for many things on line but not SpiderWeb - I usually drop into their office in Chapala and pay them 6 months in advance, so I don't have to bother. BTW - I was told that their "office" in Santa Cruz was just a place where you could make your payments. I still don't know where that office is, every time I'm in Santa Cruz I'm on horseback, so not likely to be running errands :-)

Thanks for info about Santa Cruz. I will check it out. We did resort to paying several months ahead. It is just that I live in Joco and was trying to avoid the travel.

I was shocked that these guys were accusing me of trying to pay them with a fictitious bank account. I really think that they did not know what they were talking about and may have read something and interpreted it incorrectly. I have a Mexican bank account that I use to pay MANY things on line and have NEVER had a problem. I can not figure out how they came to such a conclusion and he was not very helpful in explaining things to me.

I was wondering if there was anyone else paying Spiderweb with an online bank account, or maybe even if they have had a similar experience with someone else.

I will be going to the bank and try to get some help there. Maybe they have heard of such a thing.

ANyways, we have resorted to the cash basis and paying for several months at a time. I have been very happy with their connection and unfortunately, cannot get anything better with anyone else, so my options are VERY limited.

Archived