Chapala.com Webboard

Dental Implants?

DT22

I had three implants done at Doctor Haro's office on August 15th. The price will depend on whether you need to have a bone graft done (I did not) and other variables, so I would get an estimate first. The Surgeon they brought in was amazing...no pain for me, zip, nada. Dr. Ana assisted him. Healing was superb and without problems.

On Nov. 15th I go back to have the next part of the procedure and then crowns put on Dec. 15th...."all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth".

No, not Dr Haro. Never made it to his office. Going to suggest the person look elsewhere in Mexico for dentists, with more reasonable prices, go to Costa Rica, or stay home and do the work there as the costs here..... are more than was quoted in the USA, much more when you add in travel. High price is sometimes but not always an indication of quality work.

Went by one Dentist that seems to come highly recommended and was quoted a price of around 30,000 pesos per tooth. Laughed and walked right out.

that price truly sounds outlandish. I've never heard a quote that high for one crown. Dr Haro and Dr. Barragan--both excellent--are far less expensive than that. I know for sure re. Dr. Barragan, as he is our dentist.

Lexy

that price truly sounds outlandish. I've never heard a quote that high for one crown. Dr Haro and Dr. Barragan--both excellent--are far less expensive than that. I know for sure re. Dr. Barragan, as he is our dentist.

Lexy

Not a crown, an implant.

I went there with a native Spanish speaker and they explained it to us both in English and Spanish, the price was definitely 30,000 per tooth as long as no other issues were found during the initial exam. I was astounded at the price too.

I had Mexican friend who now lives in the U.S. come down for a visit. I sent him to a highly gringo-recommended dentist in Chapala to get an estimate for a tooth implant. He said that it disturbed him when he balked at the first quoted price and was then quickly quoted a second price nearly half of the cost of the first. He said that he lost all trust in that dentist and left the office. This was HIS experience--not mine. I've never gone to that dentist professionally. It makes me wonder, though.

Archived