Chapala.com Webboard

Hot Rod Burrito

twelveoaks

My wife and I have been looking for some Mexican food that reminds us of the type we were familiar with in California. Today we went to Hot Rod Burrito and were very pleasantly surprised. The food is very flavorful, portions very large and the price very small. Our lunch consisted of an enourmous chile verde burrito and an equally enourmous portion of nachos and two Cokes . Total tab was 120 Pesos.

Hot Rod Burrito in upstairs by the theater in Plaza Bugambilias

California knows its Mexican food. There are more Mexicans in California than in Jalisco hence good Mexican food. Hot Rod Burrito is the best I have found in Mexico.

Try Super Burrito on Encarnacion Rosas in Ajijic. It's on the mountain side up the hill from the donut shop (Donas.) It's small and family run. A bonus deal from 5-6pm you can get 2 for 1 on the drinks. They have fantastic margaritas. Closed Sundays.

We, too, stumbled upon Hot Rod Burrito today. Couldn't believe the selection, portion size, flavor and all for just 45 pesos. I brought my beef burrito home and when I opened the box, I cut it in half and put the rest in the fridge for another meal.

The man there said they do free delivery within Ajijic and if you order 3 burritos, there's a discounted price of 100 pesos. We'll definitely go back and try some more of his menu.

Valerie :)

The man there said they do free delivery within Ajijic and if you order 3 burritos, there's a discounted price of 100 pesos. We'll definitely go back and try some more of his menu.

Surely you mean 10 pesos? I don't see how he makes it now with his low prices and the proportions of his food. With 100 pesos discount plus free delivery he's basically paying you to eat his food.

One of my most favorite restaurants in the area. Being next to the movie theater helps also. When's the last time you've taken in a movie and had dinner for less than 100p ?

Yes, sorry about that...I realize I didn't make it clear. If you order 3 of the Burritos (normally priced at 45 pesos/each), you will only pay $100 pesos for all 3 Burritos.

Hope that makes it clear now.

Archived