Chapala.com Webboard

Letra Ch restaurant in Chapala

Laspan

While in Chapala on Tuesday, four of us decided to drop into Richard's to try their fare. Unfortunately we didn't know that Richard's was closed onTuesdays. Earlier, on our way back from the Chapala Golf Club, we had passed a new restaurant/boutique hotel on the road that leads east out of Chapala toward Mezcala. We thought, why not! Well it turned out to be a patio one level up under a palapa roof restaurant overlooking the lake and owned/run by Ricardo (who speaks excellent English). Most entres are 95 pesos and includes your choice of appetizer. The menu was small but varied and included shrimp, fish, chicken, etc. Wine was 35 pesos. The food was well prepared and very tasty. Also found out that Richard dines there on Sundays. The two are good friends.

post-14840-0-23310600-1371739022_thumb.j

Can you post Letra CH's days and hours??

Two of us had lunch today at this lovely little restaurant with nice service and ambiance. Entrees, ranging from $95 for arrachera to $135 for salmon (most are $125) include an appetizer choice and a side. There's 6 or 7 choices in each category: arrachera is the only beef, there's a chicken and cheese dish, one pasta with shrimp and calamari in a cream sauce, two shrimp choices, bassa, and salmon. Wine is $40 for a decent pour; desserts are available, but we did not try them. A little pricy for lunch, but the two guys are so eager and trying hard to make a go of it. Excellent English also spoken. It's fly season, though, and despite misting with the Ajax stuff, they were a bit of a pain. We will go back, though, and enjoyed our meal.

Hola Amigos!

This is the exact location for our Restoran its in front of EL PINGUINOS mariscos.

We are open almost every day... except wednesdays. From July and on we're opening from 12:30 to 9pm

Hope to see you around !

Peace Ricardo & Oscar !

https://plus.google.com/100051087759295666705/about?hl=es-419

Yes they are across the road from Pinguinos

You should post your menu. The people here are quoting different prices.

One says wine is 35p the other says it is 40p

One says most entrees are 95p the other says 125p

Who is right?

All this in a week

Whatever!

We went the other day and the food and service was great. We both had shrimp dishes ... mine was the coconut shrimp. It was so good ... the breading was not thick and the coconut did not overwhelm the shrimp. We are going back with friends on my birthday :) which shows how much we really enjoyed it. Thanks, Ricardo and Oscar!

We have eaten there twice, both excellent meals. It sounds a little pricey for lunch, but the price includes a choice of appetizer and, I believe, a choice of side dishes, salad, etc. It's a good value. Also they are sharp on presentation. That is the foods are artfully arranged on the plate. Yeah, I know that doesn't count for a lot unless the portions are sufficient and the food is to taste, and both are true at letra Ch. I've had the salmon in orange sauce and the coconut shrimp and both times the flavoring was subtle, not overwhelming but complementing the food. Probably the best salmon I've had. Anyway this little bistro is definitely way above the average fare here. Someone knows what they are doing in the kitchen.

• 1 month later...
Thank you all for your good experiences in the restoran Letter CH.

The menu is designed to create your own dish ...

We are working on adding a menu for lunch and have a new concept called "Around the World"

make reservations at 33 11 17 23 25 Oscar Ibarra

Archived