Chapala.com Webboard

Richards restaurant

Shira

Happy to hear he's well on the mend and the restaurant is re-opening. Delightful couple and wonderful restaurant!

Buena Suerte!

Valerie :)

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY! We made a reservation at Richards Restaurant and enjoyed a fine meal there last evening. It was so fine that we over-ate in order to try various things.

We will definitely return to this unique place and are so happy that it is here in Chapala.

It was full, as usual, so make a reservation ahead of time:

108-0180 by phone (yes, that is the new local exchange) or by e-mail at richards_restaurant@yahoo.com

The hosts are delightful, Ros in the kitchen and Richard out front, while Angie serves at table.

It will take several visits to sample their generous menu.

We dined there tonight and delightful experience. Lots of appealing menu items and all the things the 6 of us had were delicious. Very good red wine at $25p a (generous) glass was a bargain.

• 3 weeks later...

Our group of 7 went yesterday. Everything was fantastic as usual. Richard is not feeling too well, unfortunately. Rose was holding down the fort and preparing fantastic meals.

Go while you have the chance. Richards is way beyond the usual here Lakeside.

• 4 weeks later...

We finally got in on Saturday, and I could not be happier. The shrimp, the Stroganoff, were delicious. The ratatouille as a side-dish could easily stand alone as a main course (if I didn't like meat as much as I do). I cannot believe how Rosie gets all the cooking done so quickly. We were behind a few other tables to order, but our food came out as quickly as I've seen, and piping hot (hooray for hot plates).

I ordered too much, because the choices were so enticing, and I was treated to some excellent homemade soup and a very yummy onion tart. We will be back. Often. Thank you, Rosie.

From Chapala Centro, head north on F.I. Madero toward Pemex and Soriana. Before the Pemex station, there is a light and a left turn lane. Take the left turn and cross the lateral, continuing one block. Turn right and go three long blocks, where you will see Richards Restaurant diagonally on your right. The street to the right is aimed directly at the Soriana sign, as reference.

Or, once you've taken that left turn lane, immediately turn right to the side-lane (parallel to the highway) and go to up the end... turn left when it looks like it's turning into a dirt road, and go down about a block. It's on your EDIT: RIGHT just before the corner.

if coming in from the Brisas direction, take that first right past the lights after the topes, and pull a switch-back, same side-lane... go up to the end, turn left at the dirt road, go one block.

Or.....the other left. :)

He fixed it ... now it is right, er ..... correctly on the right.

In any case, the place is definitely worth finding; so, make a reservation and ENJOY!

We will be taking our own advice very soon.

I don't know if I am supposed to write on this section (I'm Rosie the chef) but I wanted to say thankyou for all the kind

comments! And to say that all our main courses (except of course pies!) are thickened with Rice flour, the soup has no

flour, nir does the salad dressing which I make myself, so many items are suitable for the growing number of people who

want to eat gluten free.

I think regarding prices, if you serve really good food, priced right, you will be full all the time. We are. Oh dear...am I boasting? I am just very proud and very grateful that everyone likes our little restaurant so much.

Archived