#1 MtnMama

MtnMama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

I just received this from Gudrun Jones:

Dr. Carlos Sevales is coming to my house tomorrow to give advise on how to continue treatments of the colt. Please let people know he does have a forever home but according to the vet he should stay at my house a while longer. If anyone is interested in seeing the colt then please come to the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta on Saturday, May 5th. The party starts at 5;00 pm at Paseo del Mirador. Please call as soon as possible 766 3813. Tickets are 250 pesos and funds will go towards the treatment of the colt and the Ranch

The Lakeside Spay and Neuter Center focuses on all animals and is willing to help where help is needed.

please help us

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."

Friedrich Schiller

#2 Sarita

Sarita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, animals, socializing with friends

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Good to know that Carlos ZAVALA is handling the care of the colt- he knows his horses and if anyone can help the poor little guy, it is him.

Betsy- maybe Gudrun can use that last bale of hay. If more is needed, I could spare a few bales now that Carlos has brought me a load.

Anyone wanting to help out with the expenses on the colt- there is an envelope for donations at Carlos' clinic, on Javier Mina north of the carretera, behind the Ajijic Clinic, across from the Vivero Azucena (plant nursery). The vet clinic is open til 1pm weekdays and Carlos will keep a written record of all contributions that come in.

This little guy has a long, hard road ahead of him, kudos to the brave soul who has taken on his care. Now, who else is going to help?

#3 lakeheron

lakeheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

I'll drop by a donation this week.

#4 cookie

cookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hi Sarita,

Do you have any idea what kind of treatment they can give him? I wish the vet from Guad could look at him. I can't remember his name, but he's terrific and has the Equine Hospital?

#5 Sarita

Sarita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, animals, socializing with friends

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Not being an expert (none of my horses ever broke a leg) I can't really say, but when I spoke with Carlos about it, he said he didn't think the colt needed to be put down, that it could live a decent life as a pet (will never be rideable, needless to say) since it appeared the leg was healing on its own as best it could, though it would be easy to re-break. Therefore, he should probably be kept in an area that is flat, free of debris or anything that could make him want to jump something, and a fairly small enclosure so he isn't encouraged to run unnecessarily.

If there is a vet in Guad that has more experience with such cases, it would be up to whomever now owns the colt, and I have no idea who that is. The OP seems to know who, if you want to PM them to pass on the info, I'm sure all help would be appreciated. Thanks for caring!

#6 Guest_RevImmigrant_*

Guest_RevImmigrant_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

Dr. Ruben Anguiano and his brother are the best equine vets in Guadalajara and have a clinic just outside the periferico off of Lopez Mateos (I forget the name of the village).

#7 dosgringos

dosgringos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

We will make donations at the vet's office and also attend the Fiesta. WE ARE SO HAPPY THAT GUDRUN AND DR. CARLOS HAS HELPED THIS LITTLE GUY. He is so beautiful.

Now wish we knew about the mare and what they have done with her. At least she is out of that horrible lot. Just hope they are giving her water and food.

#8 Puddles

Puddles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

I leave for Europe tonight for 3 weeks, but will gladly donate when I get back. We all tried so hard with this but Gudrun is a superstar! Please if anyone has info on the mare post here so I can keep up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users