5 replies to this topic

#1 Sunsetkid

Sunsetkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Humor: Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Been receiving many phone calls in the morning and and late afternoon and evening on my Telemex house phone. Is that normal?

#2 mpb

mpb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Been receiving many phone calls in the morning and and late afternoon and evening on my Telemex house phone. Is that normal?

If your calls are from a human, others than you know, say momento, lay your phone down and walk away. When the beeps start hang up. If you do this often enough, they will stop calling. If it is a machine, I have been told to hit # 6 or 7 times quickly. That is supposed to eliminate your number from their system. I have no experience with the latter, but would be worth a try.

#3 Chamanelo

Chamanelo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

Thay have been checking there service! they just ask if yoou have any problems if you have static or bad internet then just press 1 if no problems with your service just press 2 and hang up!

#4 jacaranda

jacaranda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

what is the best way to call Canada 1-800 numbers please? What are the best plans to call Canada? Telmex charges me 8 pesos per minute for 800numbers and one peso per minute for regular numbers. Skype quality is unreliable. Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks.

#5 datura

datura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

According to the phone book, dial 001-800-xxx-xxxx. My experience in calling 800 numbers in the US is sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I use Skype, but the "call phone" feature, rather than the computer to computer feature.

#6 johnny b gone

johnny b gone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

According to the phone book, dial 001-800-xxx-xxxx. My experience in calling 800 numbers in the US is sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I use Skype, but the "call phone" feature, rather than the computer to computer feature.

I have Magic Jack Plus. Bought it on line and had it shipped to a friends house in the States, and she brought it down to me.
All calls to the States and Canada are unlimited. I had Vonage for about 10 years, but then switched as MJP is less expensive.
Cost is about 75 USD for the MJP, and then 20 USD each year thereafter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users