• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bdmowers

bdmowers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Appalachian singing, classical music, organic veg gardening, weaving/spinning/dyeing, birding

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Does anyone have a recommendation for where to buy the best basic vitamins here on the lake?

#2 elbelgicano

elbelgicano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Interests:being from Belgium, moved here first in 1998, making Belgian chocolate,--- my Mexican miniature Schnauzer, Virginia ... food, languages and culture, volunteering ....
    Making Belgian chocolates --->
    http://chocochef.blogspot.com/
    My (no charge, as a service to community) employment project :
    http://vivachapala.blogspot.mx/

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

The neighbours next to the Chapala consignment store (142 Morelos), bring them from the States and often have to many of them. Most of the day, they have their garage doors wide open.

#3 Malaya

Malaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

We order from Puritan Pride and ship to Sol y Luna. Tremendous savings even with the charges and more variety than here.

#4 ajijicer

ajijicer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Interests:travel, healthy living, nature, politics, enivornmental issues, fitness, real estate, current events, museums, local ethnic food, knowledge, people

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

If you want freshness and some degree of quality, then it's off to Costco. I personally trust Vitacost the most and order from them. There are various ways to get it into Mexico. Or ask someone like Barbara Rothwaller, she always has good advice.

#5 gregory1

gregory1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Who is Barbra Rothwaller, and how do I get in touch with her ?

#6 ajijicer

ajijicer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Interests:travel, healthy living, nature, politics, enivornmental issues, fitness, real estate, current events, museums, local ethnic food, knowledge, people

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Barbara Rotthaler is very well-known and respected in the community. She works out of her house in San Antonio but I believe she is in Germany til June. Her phone number is 766.1987 She can be contacted via internet at barbararotthaler@gmail.com. Her website is chapalahealth.com.

#7 osuespirit

osuespirit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

I order mine from drugstore.com. Even with shipping charges it is cheaper than buying here. Vitamins here are priced like prescription drugs. However, if you are desperate there is a GNC store on the first floor of Mega on Lopez Mateo.

#8 Sasha

Sasha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Golf, volley ball, cooking, travel, wine tasting,
    Photography, pets(dogs),Tennis

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

The health food store at the Montana Plaza is reasonable with Swanson Vitamins.
Colon and the carretra in Ajijic.

#9 elainem

elainem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

I personally trust Vitacost the most and order from them. There are various ways to get it into Mexico.

I really like Vitacost too, but they don't ship to Mexico. Will you please share the 'various ways' you have of getting them here? Other than having friends bring them for you, of course. Thanks in advance.

#10 ajijicer

ajijicer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

I don't ship anything to Mexico since I come and go and bring my Vitacost supplies with me. You would need to ship to one of those mail box addresses in Texas.

#11 Little Feather

Little Feather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Handimail won't bring down any packages like that. I don't know about Mailboxes, Etc. You CAN have the item shipped directly to the Handimail address in San Antonio, though, and they'll hold them for you there.

Best bet is to find someone who is driving down to carry your vitamins when them.

#12 manny

manny

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

"prasad" next to telmex, ajijic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users