Chapala.com Webboard

LCS Games Day, Saturday, April 21 10:00-2:00

anaverde

Once again LCS is hosting a “Games Day” on April 21 from 10:00-2:00 on the back patio. The snack bar will be open and a cash bar serving beer, bloody Marys and wine will be available. Last month we had about 30 or 40 people attend and it was great fun.

Some of the games being played are Mexican Train, poker, Rummi Kub, Hand and Foot along with several others so get there early, decide what you want to play and take a seat at the appropriate table. There are many different ways to play these games so a leader will be available at each site and will be in charge of explaining the rules for the day. Beginners are welcome. If you have a game you would like to introduce bring it along and invite people to join you. This is a very informal affair.

Please remember to bring your LCS card with you as members are admitted free. NON-MEMBERS WILL BE CHARGED A NOMINAL FEE OF 20 PESOS but are certainly welcome.

Looking forward to seeing you “at the tables” so they say. Good luck.

I noticed under Upcoming Events that the Royal Canadian Legion is having a similar games event. held at a local Chapala restaurant/bar.

Why doesn't the Lake Chapala Society hold its games at a local Ajijic restaurant/bar? In this tight times for businesses, it makes far more sense for the LCS to help local businesses, rather than compete with them.

I was told years ago that the LCS' bylaws and Mexican laws for non-profits prohibits them from engaging in practices that are in competition with a private business. I don't know if that's true, or how it applies, but it seems that the LCS should encourage its members to get out into the local community and support local businesses. The LCS is starting to look like the club house in a Floridian retirement community---when do they install the shuffleboard courts?

I noticed under Upcoming Events that the Royal Canadian Legion is having a similar games event. held at a local Chapala restaurant/bar.

Why doesn't the Lake Chapala Society hold its games at a local Ajijic restaurant/bar? In this tight times for businesses, it makes far more sense for the LCS to help local businesses, rather than compete with them.

I was told years ago that the LCS' bylaws and Mexican laws for non-profits prohibits them from engaging in practices that are in competition with a private business. I don't know if that's true, or how it applies, but it seems that the LCS should encourage its members to get out into the local community and support local businesses. The LCS is starting to look like the club house in a Floridian retirement community---when do they install the shuffleboard courts?

If a group of people go to a restaurant to play games, they are expected to eat and drink from their menu.

LCS is providing a value added service to their members for having a meeting place to play games with no obligation

to buy anything. What a great way to bring people together and learn new games and meet new friends in a beautiful outdoor setting.

maw

Archived