12 replies to this topic

#1 bob k

bob k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Retired in Mexico

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hot Rod Burrtio Express opened April 13. They have great burritos from 39 to 45 pesos. They are huge and very good. They also have enchiladas in the same range.

They Burrito Express is located in the food court by Cinema Del Lago.

Since they just opened, they are working some of the bugs out, including suppliers. Hours are from 1 pm. English is spoken by the owner, Jorge Ornelas

Give them a try, but please be patient for a couple of weeks.

Disclaimer:Jorge worked with me in a Mexican Restuarant in Vancouver, Washington.

#2 Sunsetkid

Sunsetkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Humor: Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Will do. Which restaurant in Vancouver? We just moved down from Vancouver.

#3 bob k

bob k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Retired in Mexico

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Who-Song and Larry's on the Columbia River by I-5

#4 Sunsetkid

Sunsetkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Humor: Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Know it well. We went there on a regular basis for years. We may see you soon.

#5 the walkers

the walkers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

we went by yesterday and ordered the pork with green sauce burrito for 39p. it was huge and done in the style we used to love in san francisco---filled with rice, beans, meat, sauce, lettuce, cheese and sour cream on top. we shared it and it was still too much to eat in one sitting. only downside was that it should have had slices of pickled jalepeños in it and he didn't have any. maybe Jorge had gotten used to what his customers in the northwest wanted and toned it down. he did have 3 salsas though. definitely will go again, it was delicious.

#6 chapalafan

chapalafan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

The burritos are delicious. I do not think jalapeños were needed. Hopefully, every will give them a chance, and let them prepare things the way they think best. Everyone's taste is not the same, and the owner probably is trying to appeal to the masses. Maybe jalapeños could be made available for those who like them, but I hope he does not put them on the burritos.

#7 gringal

gringal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Yes! Put the jalapenos on the side for those of us with tender taste buds and tummies. Sounds like a great burrito....gotta try it!

#8 Mainecoons

Mainecoons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,183 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

What are their open days and hours? Might be a great take out for me while mi esposa is up north.

#9 desertdave

desertdave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Donde? We went to the food court yesterday and couldn't find the place. We saw Subway, the chinese place and Premium Fajitas. No Hot Rod Burrito Express.

#10 the walkers

the walkers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

Donde? We went to the food court yesterday and couldn't find the place. We saw Subway, the chinese place and Premium Fajitas. No Hot Rod Burrito Express.

you were in the wrong shopping plaza! hot rod is upstairs from torito market in the bugambillas plaza....

#11 desertdave

desertdave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Oops! Thanks for the info.

#12 ajijicsolomon

ajijicsolomon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

it's delish we have been a few times since it opened always take out...but highly recommended! They are very nice the service is good and food is delish...its near Senor Sushi @ Plaza Bugumbillas as stated above!

#13 jaykay

jaykay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

I have to say that the size of the burrito is amazing compared to the price. I hope he doesn't go broke. His menu is a lot more than burritos, and it's worth going upstairs to take a look. I don't know if he has menus to take home but he probably does. Those burritos pass my pizza test. Does it make a good breakfast or lunch the next day? Please don't pretend that none of you ever had pizza slices the next morning. If it still tastes good, you bought the right one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users